Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Brag: My buddy killed a guy who tried to rob his party (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=450010)

phiphika1453 07-13-2007 05:20 AM

Re: Brag: My buddy killed a guy who tried to rob his party

LOL. I love my hometown, Memphis.

Watch the First48 and you will see why.

The Hag 07-13-2007 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your friend is gangsta. Don't ever piss him off.

Is he in any trouble for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

He said the police took him to 201 Poplar (police HQ) and questioned him for a couple of hours. His story was corroborated by everyone there so it seems pretty open and shut. They told him he wouldn't be facing any charges.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its nice to see this, so many times the law seems to be on the criminals side. Pretty awesome story.

rubbrband 07-13-2007 05:26 AM

These robbers were really [censored] stupid. Darwin at work. Why would you try and rob a whole party full of ppl?

themandude 07-13-2007 05:26 AM

I can't believe your friend is not going to jail?!?
He killed the guy in cold blood. If the robber made a move with his gun or something it's ok, but he just stood there and mouthed off your friend and your friend just shot him dead. That seems wrong to me and looks like 2nd degree murder.
I'm not sure about American laws but i'm sure you would be in trouble in Canada if you shot someone dead like that.

rubbrband 07-13-2007 05:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He killed the guy in cold blood. If the robber made a move with his gun or something it's ok, but he just stood there and mouthed off your friend and your friend just shot him dead. That seems wrong to me and looks like 2nd degree murder.
I'm not sure about American laws but i'm sure you would be in trouble in Canada if you shot someone dead like that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Self defense is pretty broad. If you feel like your life or your friend's life is endangered you can take another's life. Since the other guy was pointing a gun at the hostage and wouldn't drop it this should be more than enough. There is a certain amount to be said for the crime being committed in his home too. You can get away with self defense easier defending your home than if the same thing happened at someone else's home or on the street.

rosso87 07-13-2007 05:44 AM

why not just shoot him in the leg or shoulder or something? :S

Number27 07-13-2007 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because then he has the opportunity to shoot the hostage?

So everyone is clear here the hostage is on the ground with a gun pointed at his head. The robber has a knee in the back of said hostage and is looking at my friend who has a pistol pointed at his head.

If shooting this guy in the head isn't legal in Canada then you guys need to seriously reevaluate your self-defense laws.

El_Hombre_Grande 07-13-2007 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at Canadians. Under Canadian law, do you need to assist the Robber in gathering the valuables, or are you permitted to sternly object under proper circumstances?

Distillery 07-13-2007 05:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come one, it would take hours for him to bleed to death from a wound in the shoulder...

SmokeyRidesAgain 07-13-2007 05:52 AM

Yea what the [censored] the moran should have realised what happens when you play with guns. I'm pretty sure in the US the legal system is down with that, you know like, if you point a gun at someone, don't be pissed when you get [censored] capped.