Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Clarifying "Medium Stakes" (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=448990)

aK13 07-12-2007 06:38 PM

Re: Clarifying \"Medium Stakes\"

[ QUOTE ]
This forum is where a group of like 15 of us all discuss how to play hands against each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's also high stakes too [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

But at least there is some content from others on how to beat up on fish.

Joe Tall 07-12-2007 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This forum is where a group of like 15 of us all discuss how to play hands against each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, since you are always in my game and I'm trying to isolate you.... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Chris Daddy Cool 07-12-2007 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But before I do that, I want to lurk the forum here to see if my game is roughly on par with the types of games I hope to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have been missing out on a lot if you haven't been reading this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

joe, i barely read this forum. how much better do you think this forum is than say, small or micro?

[/ QUOTE ]

This forum shows flashes of old school Small Stakes as many of those player are still here. The threads dont move as fast through the front page as PrivateJoker keeps a tight ship. I exclusively read this forum and none of the others. What are you reading if not this CDC?

[/ QUOTE ]

i haven't read much of anything lately hence my infrequent posts lately, though whenever i do read midstakes 80% of the time i wonder why i do.

surfdoc 07-13-2007 12:08 AM

Aaron,
I noticed your location is SD. Why not just go to oceans and sit in 8/16 or 20/40 and see how things go? The games are pretty good. Are you moving to become a live pro or just planning to move for other reasons?

If you want, I could probably come sit with you and observe your live skillz. Shoot me a PM if you are interested. if you are tough I may invest in you.

edit to say I am an idiot and didnt read that you already moved. enjoy the weather!

SA125 07-13-2007 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I exclusively read this forum and none of the others. What are you reading if not this CDC?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
i haven't read much of anything lately hence my infrequent posts lately, though whenever i do read midstakes 80% of the time i wonder why i do.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. The HSNL forum is by far the best strategy forum on this site and it's not close.

spino1i 07-13-2007 04:18 PM

Im still in doubt whether live 60/120 counts as medium stakes. By the way, I played in the first Bellagio 60/120 that ran in ages (after convincing them to run it instead of a 100/200 game). It sucked though, it had no fish and was populated by 30/60 sharks like Roy Cooke. Then again, the Bel 100/200 game sucked even more so I played the 60 for a while.

DeathDonkey 07-13-2007 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it had no fish and was populated by 30/60 sharks like Roy Cooke

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahaha. Oh wait, you were serious? Hahahaha

-DeathDonkey

emerson 07-13-2007 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im still in doubt whether live 60/120 counts as medium stakes. By the way, I played in the first Bellagio 60/120 that ran in ages (after convincing them to run it instead of a 100/200 game). It sucked though, it had no fish and was populated by 30/60 sharks like Roy Cooke. Then again, the Bel 100/200 game sucked even more so I played the 60 for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only played in that game a couple of times. But I think at least half of the people were on the waiting list to get in the 100 game.

I'll make a comment about the 60 and 100 game while I'm at it. I think any winning player at either of these games would have a higher hourly rate at 30/60. The difference between the good and bad players at these games just isn't enough to be worth much.

The DaveR 07-13-2007 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It sucked though, it had no fish and was populated by 30/60 sharks like Roy Cooke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last week MaxPower asked me if Roy Cooke was the mustachioed guy in my game. I said probably not because that guy generally sucked. It was him.

Chris Daddy Cool 07-13-2007 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll make a comment about the 60 and 100 game while I'm at it. I think any winning player at either of these games would have a higher hourly rate at 30/60. The difference between the good and bad players at these games just isn't enough to be worth much.

[/ QUOTE ]

comparing 30/60 hourly to 60/120 hourly *maybe*, but 1/2 is frigging 3x bigger than 30/60. no chance thats true. i've never been in any 1/2 game anywhere where i felt i wasn't worth *at least* $100/hr which would be a fantastic rate at 30/60.