Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   2/4, I plan on folding a set and follow through (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=447850)

jkkkk 07-10-2007 09:13 PM

Re: 2/4, I plan on folding a set and follow through

yea, bad wording, most WTF WERE YOU DOING street.

RickOSU 07-10-2007 09:17 PM

jack it up on the turn yo

Ship Ship McGipp 07-10-2007 09:19 PM

you have to raise the turn

end thread

pp262 07-10-2007 09:31 PM

River raise is really thin imo. He won't have a hand you beat that he'll call the raise with often enough compared to the times he'll 3-bet you with a set/straight/air.

Jamougha 07-10-2007 10:00 PM

Yeah ok raise turn lol.

I was planning on reducing my reverse implied odds but the stacks are kinda wrong for that I think now.

Plan for the turn if we are 180BB deep?

jfish 07-10-2007 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you have to raise the turn

end thread

[/ QUOTE ]

put in a little more effort. ya raising turn is way better, but if you dont whatever. i dont think you can fold to the 3b here just because you add so many unknown variables when you take a line as weird as this. i might be stupid, but i have no idea how you can estimate his bluffing frequency given your line and his - and because of that, i wouldnt fold.

Surf 07-10-2007 11:15 PM

I wouldn't fold this river - our hand looks bizarre to our opponent, and we are not convincingly representing anything stronger than AK, so he could well be 3betting us with any 2pr that value-bet the river, or even be straight bluffing knowing we will often be unable to call. I mean, if we're folding bottom set (which is the strongest hand we can possibly hold that's not T9) what are we calling with? If I were in his shoes I would strongly consider a bluff given hero's line.

That said I think just calling the river is fine if you don't think you can call a shove.

Surf

AAismyfriend 07-10-2007 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
River raise is really thin imo. He won't have a hand you beat that he'll call the raise with often enough compared to the times he'll 3-bet you with a set/straight/air.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think our line is so weird that we get looked up super light on the river. I think folding the river is correct but after taking such a strange line, I don't think I could possibly talk myself into a fold, especially since if villian is smart he can be doing this with air.

Isura 07-11-2007 12:03 AM

I hate the river fold. I think there's a good chance he's rebluffing or is just shoving two pair or w/e out of frustration.

DJ Sensei 07-11-2007 03:20 AM

yo if you dont raise turn, dont fold river