Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Tournament Circuit/WSOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Noise Cancelling Headphones cost a player his 10k tourney (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=446436)

The-Donk 07-09-2007 12:42 PM

Re: Noise Cancelling Headphones cost a player his 10k tourney

I dont use any Ipod/music system N headphones. No sunglasses too to protect my eyes (or atleast give that type of impression).

No one ever has got any read on me - whether I had AA or 39...

I love to be part of the game in total when I am playing. I keep folding so much, that the rest of the time I am in a table, I either make brief talks with the next players or mostly observe and listen to what is going on around.

Sometimes I walk out of the table for 5 - 10 minutes (and be back for my BB) - either for a smoke / restroom or just for a change in the luck to get good playable cards.

But I love these aggro guys and guys with the Ipod and sunglasses. Fun to watch them bust.

PITTM 07-09-2007 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
blah blah that's all true. But audiophile or no audiophile, Bose sucks hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they don't. This is like wine tasting ... some people can really tell the difference between two bottles of wine, and I am happy for them. For me, it's just something you drink with dinner and I don't really care.

[/ QUOTE ]

okay. if you dont care about sound quality then go to radioshack, ask what their cheapest headphone is and buy that. I actually think it will sound better than bose and i imagine it will be like $6.

The discussion here isnt:

Are you awesome enough to tell the difference between a bose headphone and an AKG/Sennheiser ballerphone?

The point is that you can buy a headphone that sounds WAY better than the bose phones for the same price or less. Much of the argument here is about how bose dont sound good OR have a decent price. Usually companies choose one or the other. So yeah, the discussion isnt about "how much better are akg than bose?" its about "you can buy a better sounding headphone, for less money, so why buy bose?"

Ghazban 07-09-2007 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No one ever has got any read on me - whether I had AA or 39...

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

Badger 07-09-2007 02:45 PM

So what's the cheapest pair of headphones out there that will do a good job of canceling or blocking noise? I'm not looking for quality, just something that will remove the sound of a jet engine while flying.

I realize from the direction this thread has taken that this is very relevant to the WSOP.

The-Donk 07-09-2007 02:52 PM

What does the LOL mean here. If u didnt understand pls feel free to ask

NCAces 07-09-2007 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
blah blah that's all true. But audiophile or no audiophile, Bose sucks hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they don't. This is like wine tasting ... some people can really tell the difference between two bottles of wine, and I am happy for them. For me, it's just something you drink with dinner and I don't really care.

[/ QUOTE ]

okay. if you dont care about sound quality then go to radioshack, ask what their cheapest headphone is and buy that. I actually think it will sound better than bose and i imagine it will be like $6.

The discussion here isnt:

Are you awesome enough to tell the difference between a bose headphone and an AKG/Sennheiser ballerphone?

The point is that you can buy a headphone that sounds WAY better than the bose phones for the same price or less. Much of the argument here is about how bose dont sound good OR have a decent price. Usually companies choose one or the other. So yeah, the discussion isnt about "how much better are akg than bose?" its about "you can buy a better sounding headphone, for less money, so why buy bose?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Saying that a $6 pair of Radio Shack headphones is equal to the Bose lessens any value I might otherwise give your opinion on this issue. You and I both know that isn't true. The whole "Bose sucks" schtick does not help you make what may otherwise be a fairly reasoned argument.

The difference is to me that I can't tell the difference. Apparently, you can and I am happy for you that you can. You would put on the Bose and the AKGs and say, "wow, you hear the difference in that base?" and I would say, "sounds the same to me" (I've done comparison shopping, so I know this is true for me) So, to me, I wouldn't hear something that is WAY better, no matter the cost.

In any event, let's agree to disagree and move on.

NCAces

Kneel B4 Zod 07-09-2007 03:37 PM

1. noise cancelling headphones didn't cost this player anything, his idiocy in not knowing the action did. he should have asked the dealer the action before putting all his chips in.

2. shaniac, if it's noise cancelling you are primarily interested in, the Bose are great. I tested them against my Ultimate Ear's 3's, and they are much better in that regard. they are also 3x more expensive.

Ghazban 07-09-2007 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that you honestly believe nobody has ever had any kind of a read on you but that's the last thing I'll say about it as it's a total thread hijack.

Matt Williams 07-09-2007 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It means you talk a lot of bravado for someone w/ 29 posts.

Warteen 07-09-2007 04:24 PM

I'm reminded of a pertinent quote from the movie Click:

"My dad's stereo's a Bose."
"Your dad's stereo blows? I'm sorry to hear that!"