Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Restaurant refuses to sing happy bday to 6 yr old (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=445364)

iggymcfly 07-07-2007 05:15 PM

Re: Restaurant refuses to sing happy bday to 6 yr old

Yeah, I think the douches here are the ones bitching because no one wants to sing to their 6 year old. Everyone thinks their own kid is the most important person in the world, but guess what? No one else gives a f*ck! I'm glad the restaurant didn't sing him Happy Birthday and I wish every other restaurant I went to would follow a similar policy.

tpir 07-07-2007 05:16 PM

It sucks, but those are the rules at this place apparently. A kid being disappointed for a little while doesn't seem like a good enough reason to override their policy. The conversation should have went like this:

Manager: Sorry we don't do that anymore.
Dad: OK, no big deal.
(Dad gets his family/friends to sing instead)

sonneti 07-07-2007 05:17 PM

If you wanted someone to sing to the 6 year old you should have done it yourselves. Why do you want a waiter or waitress to sing like some sort of performing monkey?

Homer 07-07-2007 05:17 PM

Just sing it yourself as a family. That is much better than having random strangers do it.

flo 07-07-2007 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Edit: Answered. OK. What's the place? Maybe we can make a better judgement based on that.

[/ QUOTE ] I don't think anyone is saying the no happy birthday policy is douchy. But they were promised singing when they ordered dessert. That should have rank over the policy.

[/ QUOTE ]

MicroBob 07-07-2007 05:19 PM

Everyone - He didn't know the manager was trying to change their image.
He thought he WAS taking his kid to a place that sings this stuff just like at Applebee's or wherever.

Saying, "Hey...take him to a place that already does such singing" is a weird argument since that is exactly what he was doing as far as he knew.

He even confirmed ahead of time and the restaurant told him they would be happy to do that for him.
WTF more do you want him to do?

He took him to a restaurant where they sing it.
He even asked about it when he got there and they said, "Okey-dokey. Would be glad to."
THEN he found out that whoever told him this made a mistake and that they had changed their policy.

This is way different from going to some place where he wasn't sure whether they would do such singing or not and then insisted that they have to do it just for him.

CharlieDontSurf 07-07-2007 05:20 PM

If a place tells you that yes they will do that, and of course your kid now knows it is going to happen, then it is complete [censored] for them to change their minds at the end.

I'd simply reply well you know what...I'm trying to change my image and become more thrifty...so im not paying the [censored] bill...then walk out the door.

It seems OOT has a bunch of whiny pussies who can't handle 3 waiters singing happy birthday to someone

Signal777 07-07-2007 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Signal,

I have mixed feelings about this. Would need to know the specific restaurant to make a decision on whether this was douche or appropriate.

There are tons of places where singing happy birthday is something they do and happens every time you go there. Seems like they should have picked a place like that.

I still don't understand why they didn't just sing happy birthday at the table.

Edit: Answered. OK. What's the place? Maybe we can make a better judgement based on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its El Torero, in Milford, CT - The thing is that the dad requested up front and they agreed. There are a ton of other places around the kid could have still had tacos at, like Cancun Charlies, On the Border.

RiverFenix 07-07-2007 05:23 PM

Everyone that is complaining about people spending 30 seconds to sing happy bday you need to seriously lighten up in life. Is it really that much of an inconvenience to you? Maybe you should stop dining at these restaurants youre harping about or perhaps suck it up and deal with it happening once in a blue moon.

Vehn 07-07-2007 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ anyone saying that this is disgusting, or they are complete douche bags...c'mon, what a joke, if the owner is trying to shift the image of the restaurant, than take your kid to applebees next time if this is going to be such a big deal. the customer is not always right, especially in the restaurant industry.

[/ QUOTE ]