Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Woman Changing Kid's Diaper in Restaurant (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=442828)

bogey 07-04-2007 03:02 PM

Re: Woman Changing Kid\'s Diaper in Restaurant

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is so completely unreasonable that it almost feels OP is leveling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. Considering the degree of unreasonability from people I see everyday, the OP scenario is entirely feasible.

If this happened to me, there would be no way I was paying the bill. I would confront the owner immediately, and if they didn't do anything I would walk. Doing nothing is just too nice here, even for a Canadian.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm definitely not leveling. That being said, if this was in any regular restaurant I feel like I would have definitely said something to at least my waiter or the manager.

But the fact that this was a Vietnamese restaurant and I was the only white guy in there and that the waiters don't speak great English made me just let it go.

microbet 07-04-2007 03:04 PM

Totally unreasonable. I have two kids.

Sometimes the restaurant bathroom is too small or something so you take the baby out to the car to do it.

szw 07-04-2007 03:05 PM

I think this is pretty gross but I wouldn't make a big deal out of it. Talking to a manager would be 100% useless. But I am asian and pretty dirty

ardubz 07-04-2007 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is so completely unreasonable that it almost feels OP is leveling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. Considering the degree of unreasonability from people I see everyday, the OP scenario is entirely feasible.

If this happened to me, there would be no way I was paying the bill. I would confront the owner immediately, and if they didn't do anything I would walk. Doing nothing is just too nice here, even for a Canadian.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just meant that leveling would be a more pleasant explanation, not that I don't believe the OP. I agree that seeing such a display would result in an unpaid bill, Canadian or not (I'm in London ON).

mosdef 07-04-2007 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is pretty gross but I wouldn't make a big deal out of it. Talking to a manager would be 100% useless. But I am asian and pretty dirty

[/ QUOTE ]

A person is defecating on a table at the restaurant. What would you make a big deal out of?

niss 07-04-2007 03:37 PM

I will join the chorus of parents who think this is completely unacceptable. I have 3 kids. We either changed the kids in the can (that's what changing stations are for) or, if the bathroom is didn't work for some reason, we took the kid to the car.

Los Feliz Slim 07-04-2007 03:42 PM

OP, what was the state of the child and the diaper's relative cleanliness? I think many people are assuming there was feces involved, which I did not. Clarify please.

punkass 07-04-2007 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP, what was the state of the child and the diaper's relative cleanliness? I think many people are assuming there was feces involved, which I did not. Clarify please.

[/ QUOTE ]

who the hell cares? If diaper is coming off child, get to the bathroom.

swingdoc 07-04-2007 03:50 PM

Regardless of the state of the child's diaper this is totally unacceptable. I can't imagine ever changing a child's diaper at my home dinner table during a meal. Why the [censored] would it be any more acceptable in public? On a similar note, I used to bus tables at a rather upscale barbecue joint in KC. One afternoon a woman with a newborn baby undid her shirt, unhooked her bra and began breastfeeding at one of the tables. Not a big deal normally, but this woman didn't have a towel or anything mostly covering her breast like you might normally see. Just a breast partially covered by the suckling infant. As a high school aged guy, I was all for this. However, the men having a business lunch at the next table over were slightly distracted [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Blarg 07-04-2007 03:51 PM

Yeah. Don't sh*t where you eat is a good metaphor for a reason.