Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   EDF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   SF trip report (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=441214)

turnipmonster 07-03-2007 04:33 PM

Re: SF trip report

greens and millenium are both musts for vegetarians, millenium is a bit like candle 79 in nyc but I think it's better. as long as you have a good stroller I don't think anything we did was particularly kid unfriendly.

suzzer99 07-04-2007 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When we tried a fancy restaurant for v-day, the only thing we recognized was filet mignon. It was also, easily, the worst dinner we've ever had. Now, we refuse to go to $75+/person restaurants.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. sample size?

[/ QUOTE ]

IME - for some reason a lot of really fancy restaurants seem to like their filets as tall or taller than they are wide. This makes it really hard to get a consistent cook all the way through. Usually you wind up with a well-done strip of over 1/2 inch all around, and the middle completely raw.

Sample size: several.

MagicNinja 07-04-2007 10:31 AM

Le Colonial is a must visit place in SF if you aren't vego and liked the slanted door (not sure how the menu is if you are). I think i went there like 10 times or something with TheBruiser in our brief sojourn in SF.

renodoc 07-04-2007 12:08 PM

Alfreds's>>>>>>>>>>& gt;>>>>Greens

I have friends that don't eat meat,
but I don't trust them.

Duke 07-04-2007 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

the next day we walked over to tartine for breakfast, both of us got egg and cheese on a baguette.

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW you missed out, their pastries and other stuff is so great. Hope you didn't run into the 30 minute line. The main thing I'm interested in is :

in my relationships, ordering two of the same thing is completely forbidden, we always order different things and share. The only exception would be if we really just both want the same thing and nothing else on the menu appeals. I'm curious how common this rule is, or if most people think I'm nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Duke: "I think I'm going to get entrée X."
Girl: "Oh I was going to get that, I'll try Y instead."
Duke: "Why would you do that?"
Girl: "I want to try more things."
Duke: "But I want to eat X."
Girl: "Fine." She gets into her pissed-off mood.
meal comes
Duke: "This is great. Wanna try it?"
Girl: "Oh ok, try mine!"
2 minutes later I'm eating whatever fetid stench she decided to try out, while she enjoys what I wanted to eat in the first place. And she's happy. I think this is because she likes making my meals less enjoyable. Note that she gets really pissed off if I ever even hint that I think it's a terrible idea to deviate from an order solely to try new things.

Indiana 07-04-2007 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Al, slanted door was a great value. I was very surprised at the bill when it came, I thought it would have been at least 150.

[/ QUOTE ]

slanted door is the best restaurant in the usa....period. i like to go on saturdays so i can also hit up the farmer's market. i love norcal:)