Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   EDF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Inifniti G35x or Lexus ES330 or Mercedes E Class (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=436238)

PITTM 06-26-2007 09:27 AM

Re: Inifniti G35x or Lexus ES330 or Mercedes E Class

justin,

my dad has an infiniti g35 and my mom has an acura tl. I HATE driving the infiniti. It has a TON of power but feels like youre driving around in a big concrete slab in terms of quickness and maneuvering. The acura is actually fun to drive and whatnot. Why are you going so big? Something like an rsx-s would be pretty sweet. Also, my friend just bought a lexus ls350 and it is way better than the infiniti or the acura imo.

whyherro 06-26-2007 10:38 AM

[x] BMW 335i

AZK 06-26-2007 11:08 AM

Don't really like any of those choices. Have you looked at an A4/S4? What about any BMWs? The new 3 series is hot, but I'd go for Audi over BMW.

Acura's are typically really soft, so is lexus, I don't like that, do you? I like feeling the road, bumps, it helps me feel like I'm in control. If you want to hum along on a cloud get the lexus/acura - pretty quiet and smooth, too yuppy for me though. If you want to feel like you are driving quicksand get the infiniti.

PITTM 06-26-2007 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't really like any of those choices. Have you looked at an A4/S4? What about any BMWs? The new 3 series is hot, but I'd go for Audi over BMW.

Acura's are typically really soft, so is lexus, I don't like that, do you? I like feeling the road, bumps, it helps me feel like I'm in control. If you want to hum along on a cloud get the lexus/acura - pretty quiet and smooth, too yuppy for me though. If you want to feel like you are driving quicksand get the infiniti.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a very good post. I would get an m3/m5/a4/a6 over any of the cars you gave as initial choices. driving quicksand is a good description of the g35. my dad just put his up for sale today.

AZK 06-26-2007 11:51 AM

Also fwiw, I'd go for a fully loaded IS over the Lexus ES, but I've driven that and it's much sportier than the ES and I like the design better...

Jurollo 06-26-2007 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was hoping that your response in the other thread was a joke and that you were not going to spend 25% of your new found money on a depreciable asset and another 25% learning how to day trade. I guess you were serious. Oh well.

edit: I guess the day trading was a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]
Temp,
I am buying used, these are all in the 25k range.

TomHimself 06-26-2007 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[x] BMW 335i

[/ QUOTE ]

SackUp 06-26-2007 12:49 PM

I have an '05 G35 and absolutely love it.

Great handling and lots of get up and go. Very comfortable to drive as well.

If you shop around you should be able to get it for well under $25k. I got mine back in November with 18k miles on it for $22k with the premium package and spoiler and perfect condition.

Get the manual transmission too - it has almost 300hp and you get better rims standard.

DeezNuts 06-26-2007 01:52 PM

You are wise to buy a used car.

I love my TL, but I would recommend buying the Lexus(sans spoiler). They have great feel and are super dependable.

NNH 06-26-2007 02:00 PM

Audi S4 is a very refined, powerful car. There are some reliability issues there, but if you get it with warranty shouldn't be a problem.

Mercedes just feels "older crowd" to me. BMW's generally "snobby". Audi is "smart". Audi S class = "smart and badass-kickyouintheface-but-withaniceshoe" style.

Even more fierce, the new A5-S5. Don't think it's out yet though.