Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Separate Fantasy Sports Forum?? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=433492)

Gregatron 06-22-2007 04:26 PM

Re: Separate Fantasy Sports Forum??

i read more than anything here, and I don't take part in fantasy sports, but I have to say they don't bother me. The fantasy sports threads are clearly marked as such, so I don't bother. It's simple. (Though if you remember when I was a mod, I generally argued in favor of not splitting up forums, so maybe this is just a philosophical view.)

EDIT: No.

SuperUberBob 06-22-2007 04:27 PM

no

Dudd 06-22-2007 04:31 PM

NO

No need for it, the one thread a week rule is fine. I cam't imagine anyone would find a forum filled with two hundred new posts a week, all of them consisting of a poll to pick between 5 rbs/wrs/whatever, to be very compelling.

Sluss 06-22-2007 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Once football season starts there will be a million random posts that will clutter this forum.

Sossman

[/ QUOTE ]

Have any of you people ever even been around when the NFL was going on? Or are you just guessing.

There has never been a problem with fantasy football. There are usually two big preseason threads (rate my team and rate these players) and a weekly waiver/trade discussion thread. That's about it. There's more clutter on this forum due to Steve Nash than there is from Fantasy Fooball.

[/ QUOTE ]Clark sums up my thoughts better than me.

I vote no

Sluss 06-22-2007 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have any of you people ever even been around when the NFL was going on? Or are you just guessing.

There has never been a problem with fantasy football. There are usually two big preseason threads (rate my team and rate these players) and a weekly waiver/trade discussion thread. That's about it. There's more clutter on this forum due to Steve Nash than there is from Fantasy Fooball.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't do fantasy sports but I know that the number of threads is artificially restricted, so this doesn't seem like a good argument.

Think back to the reason we needed the single thread for fantasy then think about whether a new forum would be a good idea.

Maybe the fantasy guys don't care, I don't know, but it seems like they should chime in whether they'd like to have their own forum.

[/ QUOTE ]Most of the reason for the artificial consolidation was that it was easier to read all of the questions in one thread instead of clicking on a dozen threads, which is what you would have in a fantasy forum.

Kneel B4 Zod 06-22-2007 04:44 PM

as others have said, I think the problem is that the fantasy forum will be cluttered with a whole bunch of threads with no or few responses.

as the same time, I'm all for more fantasy talk/threads.

PokerFink 06-22-2007 04:58 PM

NO

No need for it.

Quadstriker 06-22-2007 04:59 PM

I would say no

Clarkmeister 06-22-2007 05:06 PM

It's already in existence!

Assani Fisher 06-22-2007 05:32 PM