Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Cost of exposed hole cards (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=433478)

JKratzer 06-22-2007 05:41 PM

Re: Cost of exposed hole cards

good players are good because they adjust to their opponent's play. not because they raise 84s utg or c/r bluff the turn. the info they "give away" shouldn't hurt them much if at all. i think the bigger concern would be making sure there is a fish in it, but then again most of the nosebleed players have ego issues and would probably play regardless of the line-up. i bet ftp could get this going without any discount, possibly $5k if they were feeling generous.

johnnycakes 06-22-2007 05:41 PM

The only person they need to convince to play for the hour is noataima.

MicroBob 06-22-2007 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i bet ftp could get this going without any discount, possibly $5k if they were feeling generous.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's kind of what I was thinking.
How do they get the guys to come in to play on HSP?
Or at Live at the Bike when that was going?

Seems more like an ego thing than anything else.

If FTP arranged something like this with a definite day and time perhaps the players would show and wouldn't need all that much encouragement.

I don't follow it at all, but right now it seems like you just have to catch the right time for a high-stakes game. So-and-so is sitting at such-and-such table and waiting for anyone to take him on.

Gobias Ind. 06-22-2007 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If six people play, and the "buy-in" is 90k, how will FTP make $60k from this?

[/ QUOTE ]
FTP would be LOSING 60K. But the idea is that it would be paying for advertising. I'm sure such a replay would attract HUGE numbers of people. And if you made it only FTP account holders could watch, or charge $5 to watch or whatever, i'm sure they'd make it back quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're greatly over-estimating the number of players who care enough to watch/learn something from watching HSP. Poker sites make their money off fish/the recreational player. There is no way they would make back the 60K lost in player fees.

Then again, there are making just about everyone FTP Pro's these days. I'm honestly, Greg Mueller??? He's the Phil Gordon of poker players.

ocdscale 06-22-2007 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only person they need to convince to play for the hour is noataima.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your Mom 06-22-2007 07:13 PM

I don't think you're going to figure out someone's game by watching them one table for an hour anyway. You may gain a few insights, but that's about it.

blankoblanco 06-22-2007 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm honestly, Greg Mueller??? He's the Phil Gordon of poker players.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought phil gordon was the phil gordon of poker players

TheJubilantMale 06-22-2007 07:35 PM

On the prima network they had 25 50 NL tables where the hole cards were exposed in a delayed, commentated web cast. Lots of the regulars played these tables. amongst the exceptions were prahlad who wouldnt show his cards for free. wasnt all that cool, but of course would be a diff. story with top names playing 3 6