Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   $300 AA I suck deepstacked (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=432106)

roo400 06-21-2007 02:08 PM

Re: $300 AA I suck deepstacked

I,d have 3 bet the flop and be happy to get it in since many cards can kill our action and I'm not that concerned about a 4 even though he could have one

DeMaci 06-21-2007 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I do not shove the turn, they are folding any worse hand, youre losing all value. Betting the river is the main reason for not shoving the turn. You have to bet river.

And this forum is suppose to be constructive, stop giving the guy a hard time and give positive feedback or dont say anything at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Our opponents aren't good at poker, thats why we play and most of us make money from playing. This means that they arent going to automatically fold 99 on the turn because we raise them. If hero posts the same exact hand but says he has AK, do you honestly think everyone will say "you have to raise the turn because your opponent is definitely going to fold his overpair?". Of course not, because we don't expect our random online opponents to fold overpairs, except somehow when we have a bigger overpair, then everyone gets scared to death that a raise will make them instafold.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was a smaller buyin tournament I would probably agree, but I'm thinking that in a $300 buyin tournament these people would have some level of thought.

Besides protecting against 55/66, what else is the raise doing? Do you think that when the 7 hits on the river the villian is going to be scared you made a straight? I honeslty dont see the reasoning for raising and the chance he might fold when it's possible to get a fair amount of chips on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are saying you would definitely raise with any 2 cards (assuming you have nothing) here correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have folded the flop to the check/raise if I have nothing, but yes, I dont think the shove is awful with AK, I probably try it about 20% of the time if I have any signs that the villan can think.

Newt_Buggs 06-21-2007 05:34 PM

looks like an easy flop 3bet against a random player.

DeMaci 06-21-2007 06:47 PM

Why one earth are people advocating three betting and the like? You think everyone just wants to stack off with 88-1010? I dont understand, early in tournaments it seems much more valueable to get a lot more value out of your big hands rather than protect them against people you have drawing so thin.

curtains 06-21-2007 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why one earth are people advocating three betting and the like? You think everyone just wants to stack off with 88-1010? I dont understand, early in tournaments it seems much more valueable to get a lot more value out of your big hands rather than protect them against people you have drawing so thin.

[/ QUOTE ]

You already said youd raise the turn with nothing only 20% of the time. If they are really refusing to stack off with 88-TT and thats exactly what you put them on, you should be bluffing 100% of the time, so your strategy is extremely inconsistent. If you are too scared to raise AA because you are sure they will fold the hand you put them on, you simply must bluff a huge % of the time here, otherwise your logic makes no sense. Of course I think they will call with hands like 88-JJ a relatively decent % of the time, so I don't have to raise with nothing to justify my thought process.

Also people will definitely give you all their money with TT-88 a decent amount of the time, this isn't even a question against some random internet player. Also acting like a $300 buyin event makes any real difference is crazy, there are satellites to these events and a decent number of the players are extremely bad.

btw I would also 3 bet the flop, and raise the turn and bet the river.

NoahSD 06-21-2007 07:18 PM

A few assumptions that are pretty close to correct on this flop:

1) Your opponent can't have a better hand than you.
2) Your opponent is likely to overvalue his hands.
3) Your opponent is likely to get bluff happy and expects you to do the same.
4) Your opponent is likely to puss out for silly reasons with many of his holdings on many turn cards.

So why are you calling the flop? Are you slowplaying on a 443 board? Are you worried he has one of the 8ish combos of hands that can beat you (2 combos of 45s, 2 combos of A4s, 1 combo of 44, 3 combos of 33.. maybe should include some other stuff, but also A4s folds sometimes)?

This is a ridiculously easy 3-bet, against a good player or a random.

djk123 06-21-2007 10:10 PM

No, i wasn't at all worried about him having a better hand. I just thought he'd probably fold most of his mediumish hands if i 3ball flop, but it seems like i'm way off in that regard. I'm not sure why i didnt shove turn. I def played this hand terribly. out of 10 i'd give myself a 2 maybe 3