Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   New dealer makes rake mistake... call floor? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=431551)

NickMPK 06-21-2007 10:08 AM

Re: New dealer makes rake mistake... call floor?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I would absolutely call the floor. If the dealer was actually clueless and consistantly over-raking the pot, she should be fired. Even if there wasn't "no flop, no drop", she should have only raked $1, right?

I have seen dealers called out for making a rake mistake before, and they have always just taken a dollar out of the rack and given to the player. But I think there is a big difference between making a mistake in calculating the pot, and not knowing the basic rules for how much to rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I think firing someone over an honest mistake, especially when it sounds like she wasn't trained properly, is a fantastic idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you are probably right that she wasn't trained correctly and this is not so much her fault. But whoever's fault it is, a dealer not knowing the rake rules is absolutely outrageous. Who knows how much money she has (inadvertantly or not) cheated the customers out of?

This is really much worse than just about any other rules mistake because it (a) is helps the house, and thus the house has an incentive not to correct it, and (b) it is difficult for players to detect unless they are really paying attention to the dealer.

jba 06-21-2007 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1 on 10, 1 on 20, 1 on 50 and 1 on 90

[/ QUOTE ]

question - is it standard to include money that has already been raked in this? This is probably more relevant in limit where it's almost always exact bet amounts (eg 2 on the flop, 1 at 3 bets, 1 at 6 bets). By the time it gets to 3 actual bets that go in there is really only 3 bets minus $2 already raked in the pot. Is it standard to include the rake?

Also, are uncalled bets included? I assume not.

kind of a nitty point, I know. and I assume this usually comes down to house policy, just wondering if there is a standard.

TMTTR 06-21-2007 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

question - is it standard to include money that has already been raked in this? This is probably more relevant in limit where it's almost always exact bet amounts (eg 2 on the flop, 1 at 3 bets, 1 at 6 bets). By the time it gets to 3 actual bets that go in there is really only 3 bets minus $2 already raked in the pot. Is it standard to include the rake?

kind of a nitty point, I know. and I assume this usually comes down to house policy, just wondering if there is a standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally, the rake is on the total pot (including the rake already taken). uncalled bets are not in the pot and are not included. That is how I always understood it.

RR 06-21-2007 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally, the rake is on the total pot (including the rake already taken). uncalled bets are not in the pot and are not included. That is how I always understood it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct.