Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   QQ in the WSOP $650. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=424713)

Exitonly 06-11-2007 01:56 AM

Re: QQ in the WSOP $650.

[ QUOTE ]
I think we must call, probably close to 33% equity here, which is more than we need.

ie if one guys range is QQ+,AKs,AKo

and the original allin guy is: KK-99,AQs+,AQo+

I dunno maybe its SLIGHTLY too loose for the first allin guy, but who knows. Either way we should be getting around the equity we need, despite it being quite unpleasant.

[/ QUOTE ]

But we're not playing for first??

This looks like an easy fold imo. That instacall is going to be AA/KK a ton.

Pudge714 06-11-2007 02:10 AM

If your read on the insta call is that strong, I think it's a fold and I think KK could be one to. His range for instacalling here has to be pretty close to KK+.

curtains 06-11-2007 03:46 AM

ehh probably folding is fine, I submit. But if they play this way with AK it shouldn't be.

Doylestown 06-11-2007 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gamecock1: (instantly)calls 8132 and is all-in

[/ QUOTE ]
This is like AA or KK always

[/ QUOTE ]

THAY3R 06-11-2007 11:01 AM

What do you mean by instacall?

Was it just very quickly so it be interpreted as he made the call in a no brainer fashion right away, or was it literally instantly which could easily mean it was a misclick(not sure on the software, but seems like that means he was planning on calling so it's not like his range is random, it's still narrow)

To me this seems like such an easy call that I'm wondering if there's anything I'm missing. You're so far away from the "money" and below average stack that the fact that it's a satellite I don't think it really effects this decision.

Shocker101 06-11-2007 01:07 PM

Insta call and pray you are against AK and JJ I would think alot of the time the instacall could be Jacks.

Crash0veride 06-11-2007 01:11 PM

Really close decisiion, In a really tough field, I'd have to call given our stack and how far away from a seat we are. I think this is a different decision if you think you're one of the best player left in the sat.

whynot? 06-11-2007 04:11 PM

so hundred left and 35 gets seats - so a 35% based on pure math - you're under avg but better then most so lets say the 35% is a fair representation of your chances. Lets further assume that if you win this pot, you jump to 100% - know thats not right but for ease of math lets assume thats correct. evaluating the ranges that make you a 35% fav (actually a 36.5% chance of winning) says original raiser at 88+, ajs, aqo+, kqs and caller on JJ+, AK+. think pretty reasonable ranges.

I think i call here based on the fact that you're way ahead of villain 1's range and will still be in the tourney if you lose.

TwistedEcho 06-12-2007 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you mean by instacall?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was as if he had checked a 'call any bet' button, he was allin pretty fast.

OminousRun 06-12-2007 06:07 PM

I'm never a big advocate of calling yourself all in preflop with anything less than AA or KK. You still have 20+ BB left after you fold - why do you want to gamble vs 2 other guys in that spot?

If they were both smaller stacks I might call there w/ QQ, but to call yourself allin at that spot is a mistake, imo.