Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   I fold TP vs LAG. ok? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=422381)

emKay 06-13-2007 12:31 PM

Re: I fold TP vs LAG. ok?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Bonus question: is it ok to just call the flop? The pot is tiny but the board is pretty drawy. Dunno which is most important.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling the flop is my standard play here. I believe raising the flop is a significant mistake in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks ILP!

Whats your line in this spot after the flop call? Do you raise a blank turn or do you just keep calling down?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just call down most of the time. In this situation you will usually make more money by inducing a lesser hand/bluff to bet your hand all the way than you can by taking the initiative with a raise and hoping some lesser hand pays you off. Also if the villain is tricky, this would be another reason supporting a flop call. In small pots vs tricky/aggressive opponents, you will almost always be better off letting the villain keep the initiative when you have a decent hand that cant handle much heat.

I would only consider raising the flop against a very straight foward opponent who is a super showdown money that will gladly call me down with middle and bottom pair here. I would also raise the flop vs a maniac like Chuck999 on AP cuz he will 3bet the flop with nothing and I get to raise the turn and let him 3bet with nothing again. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

But there is a CO hanging round that prolly doesn't fold when we don't raise the flop. So what if he sticks around on the turn? On the river?

jstill 06-13-2007 12:40 PM

CO overcalling all the way down is a good thing in this tiny pot, its one of two factors pushing us to just call

my only question is if we should free showdown raise this turn to knock out CO when he has a pair+ small diamond? If we have the best hand and lose the only villain with a diamond draw it does alot for our equity. Its close tho on whether its worth the one BB investment to improve our equity by about a BB (when and if he actually folds a hand like 5sxd), lose his possible overcall here on the turn and river and possibly risk getting 3bet bluffed by sb (not a huge concern in my book?)

MacGuyV 06-13-2007 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i could def be wrong but i dont think people bluff like this enough where it warrants a calldown (bet and get raised and cr a turn with what they figure to be the worst hand). I base that simply on the times I come across a laggy player and calldown a cr here with TPGK and a flush redraw, or two pair or a set or whatever, its hardly ever like Ad6 Ad7 9d8 cuz noone donks that 3 ways or cr's it after u raise the flop often enough where the parlay they did both is a huge concern.

maybe im way off, just my experience tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree - solid fold imo.
I don't raise the flop.

sethypooh21 06-13-2007 01:29 PM

HU, I like ILP's line of just calling down.

As played, I tend to check behind this turn alot because against a LAG I'm getting C/R (often on a bluff, so I have to call down, ick) or he folds, whereas If I check behind, I can draw a bet from A4 or whatever on the river.