Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   I'm not known for making big folds... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=421784)

aislephive 06-07-2007 05:25 AM

Re: I\'m not known for making big folds...

I don't think I would ever consider folding in a million years.

I probably just call, definitely shove if turn and river cards were reversed.

Novles 06-07-2007 08:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Original raiser I don't know much about, but since he was telegraphing huge pair I was giving him some rope with the almost-minraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

DJ,

Can you elaborate a bit more on this? I don't think a typical bodog donkey ever folds a big pair ever on this board for <100bb. Why not just make a standard raise, deny the overcaller the odds to draw, get it in vs. overpair, make free money?

fatgirl_lover 06-07-2007 09:17 AM

super easy instant call. you check the turn to trap than you want to fold? lol

Lyric 06-07-2007 09:19 AM

Call quick before Bodog locks up.

oneouterson 06-07-2007 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Call quick before Bodog locks up.

[/ QUOTE ]

DJ Sensei 06-07-2007 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Original raiser I don't know much about, but since he was telegraphing huge pair I was giving him some rope with the almost-minraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

DJ,

Can you elaborate a bit more on this? I don't think a typical bodog donkey ever folds a big pair ever on this board for <100bb. Why not just make a standard raise, deny the overcaller the odds to draw, get it in vs. overpair, make free money?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) the overcaller doesnt have the odds to draw, unless i'm paying off when he gets there (i'm not when its that obvious what he has)
2) not all people will stack off an overpair so easily, and my reads on this guy werent all that solid. so my small raise was intended to look like a draw (because there are so many out there) and I think a random player should be more inclined to shove over the top of that than a larger raise.

I rarely make raises this small, but I really dont see anything wrong with it here.

SA125 06-07-2007 04:25 PM

I hope you don't have to get away from hands like this, with this line for a river psb, to be a great player.

I pretty much insta call this. If he doesn't have a busted dr or a str, oh well.

Nielsio 06-07-2007 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's nitty but I think I'd fold. Then again I'd never play any of the streets like you did except preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha

True 06-07-2007 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's nitty but I think I'd fold. Then again I'd never play any of the streets like you did except preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

SuperPokerJedi 06-07-2007 10:00 PM

What are you scared of here?