Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Tournament Circuit/WSOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Disappointed with Pokernews coverage (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=419194)

I_AM_EVIL 06-05-2007 11:42 PM

Re: Disappointed with Pokernews coverage

[ QUOTE ]
Here's another example:
Event #5.
Its heads-up. Dinner break is supposed to have ended 50 minutes ago and no updates yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know how time works? They will return for play at 8:45pm PDT.

smeeks 06-06-2007 12:13 AM

Two Points:

1. How can you use CP as a measuring stick. To say that Pokernews is doing a better job is not a tribute to Pokernews. CP did the worst possible job.

2. I would bet that several Pokernews reporters are monitoring this thread. Monitoring it instead of updating posts on their site. That is what sucks. People are simply too self interested to put the right things first.

jogsxyz 06-06-2007 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I say [censored] exclusive rights and just let the sites do their own work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is exclusive rights legal? Do sporting events deny access to all but one news source?

aramfingal 06-06-2007 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here's another example:
Event #5.
Its heads-up. Dinner break is supposed to have ended 50 minutes ago and no updates yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know how time works? They will return for play at 8:45pm PDT.

[/ QUOTE ]
my bad, i thought they were on mountain time.
i offer my deepest most sincere apologies to all the good people at pokernews.

dlk9s 06-06-2007 08:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

2. I would bet that several Pokernews reporters are monitoring this thread. Monitoring it instead of updating posts on their site. That is what sucks. People are simply too self interested to put the right things first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing like condemning people for something that you guess they do. Kudos!

sobefuddled 06-06-2007 09:44 AM

I honestly only followed their coverage of the limit event and I found it excellent. Updates came through every 10 minutes or so and the reporting was accurate and well written. I had been following Cardplayer before I learned that Pokernews had the rights. I dislike Cardplayer's coverage largely because they give as much space in the chip counts to the bust outs as they do to those who are still playing. PokerNews listed everyone once they got to 90 players.

kylephilly 06-06-2007 10:09 AM

Event 8:
Cardplayer : Final table is set, 10 left - chip counts,
PokerNews: Roughly ~40 people left according to chip counts

aramfingal 06-06-2007 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet that several Pokernews reporters are posting in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

AngusThermopyle 06-06-2007 12:21 PM

Chip counts on bluff and worldseriesofpoker (supplied by pokernews) for event #9 are more complete than on pokernews itself.

You have to dig to find out the number of starting entrants and remaining entrants. No payout structure yet.

On the chip count page, 'Busted' players are not listed in the order they busted out. Alphabetically. By first name. Real smart.

But they give good gossip?

aramfingal 06-07-2007 01:30 AM

Phil Being Phil
Mr. Hellmuth is putting on his normal act at this table. We will skip the details; you have all seen it many times before.