Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   $16s - 100/200, Shove OESD with the short stack? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=417803)

Sykes 06-02-2007 03:01 PM

Re: $16s - 100/200, Shove OESD with the short stack?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Heck, you aren't even short stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but this is not the bubble either. Push, you have to pick up chips with so many players still hanging around if you want to end ITM.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is 4xbb not = short-stack.

god =/

chaz64 06-02-2007 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but this is not the bubble either. Push, you have to pick up chips with so many players still hanging around if you want to end ITM.

[/ QUOTE ]

god =/

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he meant Hero is not THE SHORTEST stack.

Sykes 06-02-2007 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

god =/

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he meant Hero is not THE SHORTEST stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesnt even matter.

There are 8 people left. Not 4. You could make a case for c/f this if the shortest stack had 2bb.

You have 4bb left if you c/f this with 8 ppl left. You're not anywhere close to the money. You have a good chance of picking up this pot right here and doubling your chip stack. And even if you're called you usually have a good 30-40% chance of tripling your stack.

F'ing nits.

chaz64 06-02-2007 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

F'ing nits.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think everyone - including me - agrees with the push here except for one poster.

MaLiik 06-02-2007 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Only the money count!

Busting early is often more correct then busting at the bubble since you want to be the player stealing blinds at the bubble.

doubLe a tom 06-02-2007 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look, Kevin, you aren't out of this SnG, yet with 1000 left and the blinds at 100/200. Heck, you aren't even short stack. And what's more than that, you shoved all your chips in AGAIN without definitely having anything at all. You can't bet here, because doing so will pot commit you. But there are more cards to see. You can use your chips more wisely other places. You aren't in the money, yet, so you have to remain playing tightly when you're short-stacked at a table and you haven't gone all-in preflop. A straight draw doesn't win you any more hands than a flush draw when the other player has just flopped a pair. Wait for the nuts and then, my friend, make your move. Take care.

Cameron

[/ QUOTE ]

i cant tell if you are serious or not, but this is terrible advice.

LSgambler 06-02-2007 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Look, Kevin, you aren't out of this SnG, yet with 1000 left and the blinds at 100/200. Heck, you aren't even short stack. And what's more than that, you shoved all your chips in AGAIN without definitely having anything at all. You can't bet here, because doing so will pot commit you. But there are more cards to see. You can use your chips more wisely other places. You aren't in the money, yet, so you have to remain playing tightly when you're short-stacked at a table and you haven't gone all-in preflop. A straight draw doesn't win you any more hands than a flush draw when the other player has just flopped a pair. Wait for the nuts and then, my friend, make your move. Take care.

Cameron

[/ QUOTE ]

i cant tell if you are serious or not, but this is terrible advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

This post cracks me up.