Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Stars treats me like I [censored] her daughter then pushed her home in a cart (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=415628)

MrWookie 05-30-2007 07:18 PM

Re: Stars treats me like I [censored] her daughter then pushed her hom

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sweet. iTunes is finally selling DRM free music starting today. Unfortunately, the store seems to be overwhelmed at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

iTunes sucks...Apple can take their [censored] "It just works" ad campaign and shove it up their asses. And all the frigging, smarmy i-bots running around spouting about how their stuff is so much better than Microsoft and PC's can climb up there with it.

So, stuff got stolen out of my car the other night, among is my Sandisk Sansa e260 MP3 player. Nice little device, a little bigger than a Nano but much the same other than that. The big difference is that the iPods have much better 3rd-party support (external speakers, yada yada). So, replacing it today I decided to go with an iPod; we're going on a long trip this summer, I'm not planning on taking my computer but I will take an MP3 player and speakers, and the Logitech rig I got my wife for Xmas recharges the iPod, has an integrated remote, etc. Seems to make sense, as I don't want to have to bring along my computer just to charge my MP3.

The next time somebody extolling the virutes of Apple and their products by calling Microsoft "Big Brother" I may just have to pull their spleen out through their ear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair

[ QUOTE ]
* It's a 3rd gen iPod, I guess, so they've managed to block WinAmp from recognizing it. iTunes ONLY, sorry, don't try to leave the iCompound. Oh, but I did have to d/l iTunes 7 to access it FROM ITUNES.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair, but I kinda like iTunes. I guess I haven't played around with the latest Winamp, though.

[ QUOTE ]
* To get album art you have to have an account at the iTunes store? WTF? I'm not buying any goddamned music from you, these are CDs I own that I ripped.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can have an account w/o buying anything, you know

[ QUOTE ]
* Oh, we have to convert all of your MP3 files into AAC files...MP3 is just too, y'know, public domain for us. This process will take approximately the rest of your life. (62 songs out of 1700-some, and it's been going for about 30 minutes...this is FUN and CUTE just like all of Apple's stuff.)

[/ QUOTE ]

AAC is an open format, too -- one that's supported by a wide number of devices. It's just that songs from ITMS come with proprietary DRM on top of AAC. DRM is the demon here, not AAC.

[ QUOTE ]
* When you install iTunes, it throws Quicktime and an auto-updater on there as well, and then runs everything when you start it up. But, PCs come bloated. (Oh, the iTunes d/l is 37MB, as compared to 6 for WinAmp.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Turn off the stuff on start up? Also, doesn't winamp have its own little helper agent that loads on start up, too?

[ QUOTE ]
* During the download and intstall they must've offered me 7265 different ways to receive more email, register for something I didn't need, sign me up with their business partners, yada yada.

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard for any piece of software nowadays.

[ QUOTE ]
And, what does my wife say about all this:

[ QUOTE ]
[14:53] ribbonc: it's ok, pc
[14:55] ribbonc: here, try this blue tshirt

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Painfully standard.

milesdyson 05-30-2007 07:25 PM

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is MP with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (16 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps (all-in)</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (30.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 34.75 BB

Results:
SB has 2h 3s (one pair, threes).
BB has As 7s (two pair, aces and sevens).
Hero has 4d 4c (three of a kind, fours).
CO has 4h Ah (two pair, aces and fours).
Button has Td Jd (high card, ace).
Outcome: Hero wins 34.75 BB.

OziBattler 05-30-2007 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SB has 2h 3s (one pair, threes).

[/ QUOTE ]

lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lolol
takes breath

hahahaha. awesome. he thinks his bottom pair is the nuts on the riva. miles will be back in no time.

bozlax 05-30-2007 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
aw man. i cant' believe you went w/the ipod over the sansa. especially after already owning one. i liked mine so much i bought the ol' lady and daughter one too. granted, i don't know much ipod, but my daughter had one and what little i did know about it pissed me off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's all about the 3rd-party stuff. I can get external speakers that you can hook any MP3 player to, no prob, but Sansa only recharges via the USB cable, and if I'm not taking a PC with me on a month-long trip, what am I to do? I suppose I could carry around a powered USB hub with me and charge it with that, but really that seems pretty stupid just to spite Apple.

Brain 05-30-2007 08:22 PM

[censored] Apple and [censored] Comcast or whatever's killing my cable connection.

Brain 05-30-2007 08:31 PM

And Carlos Boozer really looks like my boss.

Gelford 05-30-2007 08:31 PM

Quick question ... I am contemplating signing up to Stoxpoker

Good idea or no ??? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

MacGuyV 05-30-2007 08:33 PM

It's official: will be in Vegas from July 27th - Aug 1st. MacGuyV ftw?

train. 05-30-2007 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
aw man. i cant' believe you went w/the ipod over the sansa. especially after already owning one. i liked mine so much i bought the ol' lady and daughter one too. granted, i don't know much ipod, but my daughter had one and what little i did know about it pissed me off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's all about the 3rd-party stuff. I can get external speakers that you can hook any MP3 player to, no prob, but Sansa only recharges via the USB cable, and if I'm not taking a PC with me on a month-long trip, what am I to do? I suppose I could carry around a powered USB hub with me and charge it with that, but really that seems pretty stupid just to spite Apple.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, what's done is done, but i have a wall charger for my sansa that also works off the cig lighter in the car. I can also play my sansa thru my car stereo and there are quite a few aftermarkets available. I started to go with the 40 or 80 gib ipod but i decided i preferred the solid state over the hd. and the expansion slot is pretty damn cool too. the final straw was the user replaceable battery in the sansa. of course by the time the battery wears out i'll want the new technology, so, meh again.

Buzz-cp 05-30-2007 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's official: will be in Vegas from July 27th - Aug 1st. MacGuyV ftw?

[/ QUOTE ]

if you only play poker, don't check into a hotel, don't take a flight, not eat, etc [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

having said that I think you get good food comps at Venetian, but their games were supposedly getting questionable?