Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Villians Who Love to Float the Flop: Theory Question (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=411631)

VayaConDios 05-25-2007 02:29 PM

Re: Villians Who Love to Float the Flop: Theory Question

[ QUOTE ]
SHow some examples to get a better understanding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are theory posts not allowed?

Machavelli 05-25-2007 03:15 PM

Vaya, it seems like you have a bit of an edge. People are just trying to help your game. If you don't like the response ignore it, look at others. Theory questions are fine but they seem to work a lot better with specific examples that are troubling. Its a more concrete way of showing everyone - puts us all on the same level and such.

Personally I wouldn't raise 6bb just because I suspect someone is floating me. I'd rather stick to my standard game and outplay them post flop. Like others have said - 2nd barrel more, play pp stronger, etc.

Upgrade_U 05-25-2007 03:54 PM

Err, what's a "stackadonk line" ?

Gustav 05-25-2007 04:28 PM

I find stack-a-donk to be a pretty inefficient weapon at uNL/ssNL, since floaters have a very annoying tendency to "steal" the pot on the turn with some lame 1/6 pot bet, rather than anything even remotely pot committing.

Vyse 05-25-2007 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Err, what's a "stackadonk line" ?

[/ QUOTE ]

In a raised pot, bet flop, CRAI turn

matrix 05-25-2007 05:33 PM

your question is a bit vague and general and translates as "How do I play well against LAGdonks"

post a hand that you played against a lagdonk and ask for feedback.

The bottom line is you make money playing poker when the opponents make mistakes. Your job as a poker player is to maximise your EV. Your EV is simply the sum of your opponents mistakes minus your own. (Mistake as defined by the FTOP)

Vs players who call too much preflop and then fold to a flop CB or a 2nd barrel bet often, one way to help maximise the size of the mistake they are making is to tighten up your preflop range slightly (say cut down to 2/3rds of the hands you would ormally play - but raise larger preflop. Raise as much as he will call preflop often. So raise a few hands to 6BB - see what happens. If he keeps calling move up to 8BB, rinse repeat. Once you've figured out the max a player will call preflop with their "normal range" make a note on teh player so forever more you know that you can raise xbb and this lagdonk will keep calling.

QuietEarner 05-25-2007 07:29 PM

Why are you adjusting your game to one person? Play your standard game, your range should already be a lot tighter than his so you are already ahead and can hit him when you catch something. The double barrel comment was good too.