Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   ACland -- live it now (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=409329)

NeBlis 05-23-2007 12:05 AM

Re: ACland -- live it now

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AC > minarchy > libertarianism > big statism.

This is obvious to all but the most obtuse of statists.

[/ QUOTE ]

So funny...

[/ QUOTE ]

whats funny ? the fact that sky is indeed blue or that I say it is even though you claim it is pink. You can keep deluding yourself that your helping the poor and improving society, etc. I will still be here telling you the sky is blue when you realize you've been a fool.

elwoodblues 05-23-2007 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
However it seems highly unlikely that very many (let alone every land owner) would sign an agreement in which they lose the right to remove themselves from that contract.

[/ QUOTE ]

People do it all the time with easements and...Home owners associations.

AlexM 05-23-2007 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And there is the rub.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm, ACism and minarchy are both versions of libertarianism.

AlexM 05-23-2007 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So funny...

[/ QUOTE ]

whats funny ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would imagine it's the fact that insulting 95% of the people only hurts our cause.

Dan. 05-23-2007 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Assert, assert, assert your way to victory!

neverforgetlol 05-23-2007 09:40 AM

move to antarctica, it's getting warmer there!

ianlippert 05-23-2007 09:55 AM

I would imagine the most important thing that would prevent ACism from evoling back into a form of statism would the separation from AC 'governments' from your bank account, and the private police forces refusal to come arrest you for leaving a homeowners associations. Given that these two things would be present from the beginning and that the majority of the population, being ACists, would never let a company that broke either of these services get off the ground, I find it hard to believe that we would end up getting government in another form.

elwoodblues 05-23-2007 11:07 AM

You don't think that as the services the HOA/City/State provided increased and as the HOA/City/State dues increased accordingly that could evolve into something akin to what we have now?

[ QUOTE ]
and the private police forces refusal to come arrest you for leaving a homeowners associations

[/ QUOTE ]

When the association is paying for the police force, I have no idea why you would think otherwise.

Dan. 05-23-2007 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and the private police forces refusal to come arrest you for leaving a homeowners associations

[/ QUOTE ]

When the association is paying for the police force, I have no idea why you would think otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly.

ianlippert 05-23-2007 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But once a HOA starts trying to kidnap their customers and demanding their money, they can say good bye to all future profits. They will also have a hard time once everyone in the HOA get antsy and starts to leave. A HOA isnt going to sacrifice millions of dollars in revenue just to get some tax money from one guy.

A similar analogy would be poker sites. Sites can basically confiscate your funds at any time and you have very little recourse. How many sites do this? Except for a small number of cases, not very many. Why take some kids 100K bankroll when you will lose millions (mabey even billions if you are in business long enough) in future revenues. Reputation is everything in AC.