Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   valuebluff, rangemerging whatever the fk (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399629)

nextgenneo 05-10-2007 11:50 AM

Re: valuebluff, rangemerging whatever the fk

[ QUOTE ]
No offence, but it's pretty funny how all these 2p2'ers are firing the river...but they don't know why! I've yet to see more than one ot two good examples of this range merging thing yet..

[/ QUOTE ]

well you're a nit so you never get to the river with less than the nuts

jsnipes28 05-10-2007 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No offence, but it's pretty funny how all these 2p2'ers are firing the river...but they don't know why! I've yet to see more than one ot two good examples of this range merging thing yet..

[/ QUOTE ]

hu?

stigmata 05-10-2007 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its more common to see it at high stakes HU poker, hence the reason why it's so fashionable to discuss it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

jfish 05-10-2007 11:58 AM

snipes is a str8 up ngga hu.

FionnMac 05-10-2007 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ah, he meant heads up? i assumed it was a typo of huh. do you know what i mean though? i'm not saying it's a bad play neccessarily, but at least know what you're trying to do when you bet...this is a straight up bluff. there's been a few recently too which were clear value bets, nothing to do with range merging at all. But if people think it's cool and wanna talk bout it, then fair enough..

Eagles 05-10-2007 12:53 PM

I think this is good with KJ

jsnipes28 05-10-2007 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ah, he meant heads up? i assumed it was a typo of huh. do you know what i mean though? i'm not saying it's a bad play neccessarily, but at least know what you're trying to do when you bet...this is a straight up bluff. there's been a few recently too which were clear value bets, nothing to do with range merging at all. But if people think it's cool and wanna talk bout it, then fair enough..

[/ QUOTE ]

ya i agree, i was just joking w/ the HU comment. it is def a bluff.

in most of these discussions we've pretty much reached the point that an actual valuebluff doesn't really exist-thus, it is either a value bet or a bluff.

i think this opponent is definitely capable of calling w/ 88 here but that also means he is never folding Ax and sometimes folding Jx. i agree with you though, it is a bluff, and agains this opponent i should probably check it down bc when river goes c/c i am def good a large % of the time that he has middle pp or whatnot but when it goes check/call he is going to have me beat almost always.

jsnipes28 05-10-2007 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the bets on the turn and river here are putrid, but given that you did fire fourth I suppose you have to continue on the end... we can remove all consideration of value from the equation though

[/ QUOTE ]

just to backtrack a bit...betting the turn is putrid? lmao

MatthewRyan 05-10-2007 02:27 PM

I think its value with QJ JK, bluff with less

always bet turn

3 barreling is def good here sometimes, depending on reads/image/flow etc

snakekilla88 05-10-2007 05:56 PM

with rangmerging it has to be a really thin bet that it could possibly fold out better and get called by worse given a lack of information on opponents ranges. I dont see how this could ever be for value given info..so I dislike it.