Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   A proposed change to the sporting events forum (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397919)

MEbenhoe 05-08-2007 01:42 AM

Re: A proposed change to the sporting events forum

[ QUOTE ]

If enough people can get together to warrant a thread, it should be made.

We have very very few threads in Sporting Events in comparison to just about every other forum. I have no problem with hoping people use common sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

theres no rule in place to prevent you guys from making a new thread.

kutuz_off 05-08-2007 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Went really well in what respect? Tons of posts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like how it strays into random directions with contribuions from fans of various teams.

If we had separate threads, it would be discussion on Dallas here, one on the Suns by Pho fans in that corner, and another on Utah...ah, who am I kidding. This way there'd be no intermingling, likely fewer mixed topics and whatnot.

Assani Fisher 05-08-2007 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I love the NBA threads how they are. I think starting a new one each round would be ok, but the NBA season thread went really well this year and don't think it should be messed with

[/ QUOTE ]

A few times people got upset at me in that very thread for responding to a poster when someone else had already said the same thing to him. But the problem was that sometimes I'd be away for a while, come back to find 200 or so new posts, and its just so much easier to post as I read instead of reading everything and then going back to find each and every post I want to reply to. Would make things a ton easier to have separate threads imo.

kidcolin 05-08-2007 01:50 AM

Assani,

To be fair, I've seen you do that in all types of threads.

It's not so much you responding to old stuff, it's you carpet bombing a thread with 5 straight long quotes where you give short, simple replies that don't really add anything to the discussion because we've been over it. If you had something new to say no one would care.

ThaSaltCracka 05-08-2007 01:52 AM

I would like to see two seperate threads for each conferences finals and one for the NBA finals. Until then, more threads equals bad IMO.

BobboFitos 05-08-2007 02:01 AM

i love the reg season nba thread and the playoff one is OK.

TheRover 05-08-2007 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
start banning really bad posters ala OOT. now thats a step in the right direction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? 05-08-2007 02:17 AM

last year i believe we had sepeate threads once it go to the conference finals

i.e.

phx vs. dallas
heat vs pistons

then
heat vs mavericks

kutuz_off 05-14-2007 12:53 AM

OK, I changed my mind. One huge thread is easily derailed by few devoted trolls. Gotta keep'em separated.

Ralph Wiggum 05-14-2007 01:04 AM

The trolls have taken over the NBA POs thread. I'm all for any suggestions to minimize their effect. Ban them a la OOT or keep them separated. In the meantime, I suggest ignoring them.