Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Pickup basketball incident.... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396334)

candyman718 05-05-2007 09:11 PM

Re: Pickup basketball incident....

You definitely don't have to accept the challenge. The only thing you could have done differently was offer to move to another court.

XXXNoahXXX 05-05-2007 09:28 PM

1. WTF at the people advocating 5 on 5. Any playground baller knows that 3 on 3 is optimal.

2. If it was 1-2 people, such that they couldn't really have a game otherwise, I'd let em play. Or if they didn't have a ball or you had the only good hoop.

3. Otherwise, tell that kid to [censored] off.

GooseHinson 05-05-2007 09:32 PM

Just tell him you're playing up to 100, or best of 7 or something and you'll play him after, then never do.

Jiggymike 05-05-2007 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. WTF at the people advocating 5 on 5. Any playground baller knows that 3 on 3 is optimal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only for half court.

If there were an even number of them I probably would have just wanted to play full court but if there were 3 of them I would have waited for more to show up to either play full or just let them play somewhere else. He was a bigger [censored] than you, you weren't really wrong here.

doubLe a tom 05-05-2007 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2. If it was 1-2 people, such that they couldn't really have a game otherwise, I'd let em play. Or if they didn't have a ball or you had the only good hoop.

[/ QUOTE ]

If theres a full court, 5v5 > 3v3, obv 5v5 is too crowded for half court play.

En Passant 05-05-2007 09:52 PM

This kid overrated for sure...you have no obligation to play this kid.

Mike E. Vegas 05-05-2007 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Idiot, 4 v. 4 is we're it's at now. We're still not in the Gus Macker Era.

XXXNoahXXX 05-05-2007 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If theres a full court, 5v5 > 3v3, obv 5v5 is too crowded for half court play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess I'm lazy cause 3v3 halfcourt >>5v5 full court.

MicroBob 05-05-2007 10:12 PM

2v2 is the new 3v3.

6v6 on a giant 180 foot long court with 12 goot high baskets is the new 4v4 regular full-court.

jerG123 05-05-2007 10:13 PM

A very important question that hasn't been raised yet, are the other 3 hoops in as good a shape as the 1 you and your friends were using or were they all basically the same? If the other hoops were in bad condition then you actually do have to accept that they are playing next game (playground rules obv)and you need to tell your 2 crappy friends that they are now spectators.

Also, according to playground rules, once this clown starts talking trash you either have to either:
A) respond in kind
B) smack him upside the head
C) demolish his team/challenge him to a 1 on 1 game where the winner holds court and the loser can GTFO