Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Full Tilt refuses to pay me my money (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393815)

Blaster 05-02-2007 04:30 PM

Re: Full Tilt refuses to pay me my money

[ QUOTE ]

".... but I will join every thread that is posted on the subject to tell my experiences about what happened to me. And the readers can decide for themselves whether I've just lost my cool or whether I might have a point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just lost your cool , I see no point.
Look at it this way , ..
Let's say that You honestly tell me you are going to send me $5,000 if I email you a copy of my DL, from a game HU we agreed to/ had at a play money table..
I do that, & you get an error when you try to open it ... could be a server error, a file error ect, who knows ..
So you promptly email me back, & are quick to tell me that there was an error when you tried to open it, & can I resend the file & be sure it's under 1Mb ...
I should then:
A) - Resend the file .
B) - Resend the file & ask for a fax number in case there are any future problems...
or ..:
C) - Immediately reply to you a nasty letter in all caps calling you a THEIF & YELLING STOP STEALING MY MONEY....

You think most rational people think "C" is the right answer ???

Rigel 05-02-2007 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't believe he was asking why you posted this, he was asking why you would email this to them. You have HUGELY overreacted to a single email.

You can do no more? So you have given up, they're keeping the money? I made a couple of suggestions, why don't you try those? And perhaps a little nicer follow-up email expressing your frustration a little more eloquently, maybe throwing in an apology for your earlier over-the-top email.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only way I would apologize is if I somehow gained knowledge that they actually couldn't see the document I sent. But it seems unlikely to me that this is the case. My experience is that e-mail is a pretty reliable means of sending a document, and it's not like pdf documents are some rarity. Everyone I know has Adobe Acrobat.

My reaction is based upon my belief that this is not an innocent mistake. If I thought it was an innocent mistake, then I would have reacted differently. The old "I didn't get your letter" excuse is never very persuasive to me, and it's much less so with regard to e-mail. They got the e-mail AND the document. They just somehow claim they couldn't open it. Doesn't seem very likely to me. Seems much more likely that they are hoping that I will give up and pay them some more rake.

Bobo Fett 05-02-2007 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You must be quite the lawyer.

[/ QUOTE ]

What - are you suggesting I SUE them? If they are safe from the jurisdiction of the US Department of Justice then I don't think they will sweat a default judgment I might get in the local court here in my state.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you a competent lawyer? If you are, I assume you know how to communicate with people in a courtroom, so why the total breakdown in interpersonal relations in this case?

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY.

otnemem 05-02-2007 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't believe he was asking why you posted this, he was asking why you would email this to them. You have HUGELY overreacted to a single email.

You can do no more? So you have given up, they're keeping the money? I made a couple of suggestions, why don't you try those? And perhaps a little nicer follow-up email expressing your frustration a little more eloquently, maybe throwing in an apology for your earlier over-the-top email.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only way I would apologize is if I somehow gained knowledge that they actually couldn't see the document I sent. But it seems unlikely to me that this is the case. My experience is that e-mail is a pretty reliable means of sending a document, and it's not like pdf documents are some rarity. Everyone I know has Adobe Acrobat.

My reaction is based upon my belief that this is not an innocent mistake. If I thought it was an innocent mistake, then I would have reacted differently. The old "I didn't get your letter" excuse is never very persuasive to me, and it's much less so with regard to e-mail. They got the e-mail AND the document. They just somehow claim they couldn't open it. Doesn't seem very likely to me. Seems much more likely that they are hoping that I will give up and pay them some more rake.

[/ QUOTE ]
Imagine how much more persuasive your argument would be if you took five minutes to try to figure out what the problem is on their end. You know - a means to actually solve the problem...

Rigel 05-02-2007 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Are you a competent lawyer? If you are, I assume you know how to communicate with people in a courtroom, so why the total breakdown in interpersonal relations in this case?

[/ QUOTE ]

I simply disagree with your appraisal. While I was well-aware of the likely reaction of this board, I have accomplished what I wanted to accomplish. I wanted to both get my point across to Full Tilt AND to let others know of my experiences.

And for all the huffing and puffing on this thread, I'm betting there's a couple of people here trying to decide whether to join FT or Stars. Maybe they have the right to decide as consumers that they will join Stars, which simply sends you your money, as opposed to FT, which makes you jump through hoops and, in my case, doesn't pay you even after you jump through those hoops.

And I'm not particarly upset anymore. I am prepared for whatever happens- the most they can do is keep my money. In which case I will do exactly what I said I would do and make sure that I report my experiences in every thread started on this topic.

Bobo Fett 05-02-2007 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your email to them and all of your responses in this thread align with this statement. This is the root of the problem.

I won't even try to argue the logic of why a multi-million (billion?) dollar company would try to scam you out of $400 over an ID issue, I doubt I'd get far. I wonder why all of the other people they're doing this to aren't posting here? No matter, must just be you they're picking on.

Why don't you humour all of us and just work on the premise that there is this microscopic chance that they are NOT trying to rip you off. Error in the file, incompetent CS agent, whatever. Why just give up?

otnemem 05-02-2007 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have accomplished what I wanted to accomplish. I wanted to both get my point across to Full Tilt AND to let others know of my experiences.

And for all the huffing and puffing on this thread, I'm betting there's a couple of people here trying to decide whether to join FT or Stars. Maybe they have the right to decide as consumers that they will join Stars, which simply sends you your money, as opposed to FT, which makes you jump through hoops and, in my case, doesn't pay you even after you jump through those hoops.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think what you're missing here is that you've created one of the first threads where EVERYONE is siding with the poker site. Not a single person has voiced support for the way you handled this situation. You haven't done anything to dissuade potential customers from using Full Tilt.

MarkGreb 05-02-2007 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, as a lawyer I think I know what I can and not not post.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I used to wonder why people hate lawyers... [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Why the freak out?

Maybe the file got corrupted when they downloaded it.

Send it again.

Rigel 05-02-2007 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think what you're missing here is that you've created one of the first threads where EVERYONE is siding with the poker site. Not a single person has voiced support for the way you handled this situation. You haven't done anything to dissuade potential customers from using Full Tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great- then maybe Full Tilt can pay me an advertising commission because, like I said, I'm going to post it a lot more, albeit not in individual threads.

Bobo Fett 05-02-2007 04:51 PM

For some reason, I'll make one more attempt to help you out on this. You might want to check out this thread: Address Verification Problem

An almost identical situation to yours. I imagine your first reaction will be that this is proof there is some conspiracy at FT to keep everyone's money. I see it as proof that there is some incompetent file handling going on there. There is a fax number in that thread. I would suggest you:

1) PM NU Star and see if he got a resolution to this issue, and if so, what he did.

2) Fax your document to them with a decent cover letter that doesn't involve yelling at them.

3) If NU Star was NOT successful, you both PM FTSean and whoever else from FT that posts here with links to both of your threads.

Good luck!