Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   EDF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   My first contract hit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393767)

Yeti 05-02-2007 06:31 PM

Re: Save the woodpecker, save the world.

Matt,

Obviously there is little way I can convincingly win this argument, haha.

I'm a big meat-eater. My lame excuse is that the chicken was raised to be eaten, whereas the woodpecker is just a defenseless wild animal.

Similarly, I don't agree with people shooting moose and deer for fun. Even if it is to eat them I feel really uneasy about it, as if they are somehow 'better' than a chicken or a cow. Obviously it doesn't make much sense, but no doubt it's a commonly held viewpoint.

Evan 05-02-2007 07:38 PM

Re: Save the woodpecker, save the world.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cmon matt, don't kill the cute little bird.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok El Diablo forum, you have the chance to save a life. But you must be convincing.

Yeti: Do you eat chicken? If so, the chicken was killed for you. If you didn't eat chicken, chickens would live. Is the moral issue that it's ok to eat chickens because you don't kill the chicken yourself? If so, you outsource chicken killing and it's ok?

I ate chicken for lunch, and the chicken did nothing to me. This woodpecker is causing me to lose sleep, and if he breeds more will come. I may need to eat him to justify the kill though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Trip report of eating the woodpecker please.

2461Badugi 05-02-2007 07:40 PM

Re: My first contract hit

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For the past week and a half, every morning at 6am a yellow-bodied orange-headed woodpecker tries to drill a hole in the drain pipe at the corner of the house that's right above my bed. It's really loud.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is mating behavior. The correct solution is to get the woodpecker laid.

[/ QUOTE ]

More importantly, once he does get laid, he will stop. We had one of these a couple of years ago. It didn't take very long before he just went away.

Evan 05-02-2007 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For the past week and a half, every morning at 6am a yellow-bodied orange-headed woodpecker tries to drill a hole in the drain pipe at the corner of the house that's right above my bed. It's really loud.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is mating behavior. The correct solution is to get the woodpecker laid.

[/ QUOTE ]

More importantly, once he does get laid, he will stop. We had one of these a couple of years ago. It didn't take very long before he just went away.

[/ QUOTE ]
Won't that just make more woodpeckers?

RunDownHouse 05-02-2007 07:46 PM

Evan,

If one is against eating meat, but not abortion, then you could just have an omelet in a month or whatever and solve that problem, too.

felson 05-02-2007 07:46 PM

Matt,

Kill the cute little bird. Sweet dreams.

Evan 05-02-2007 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Evan,

If one is against eating meat, but not abortion, then you could just have an omelet in a month or whatever and solve that problem, too.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no idea why this is directed at me.

2461Badugi 05-02-2007 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Who will grow up to bother other people, if they aren't eaten by badgers first.

Evan 05-02-2007 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Who will grow up to bother other people, if they aren't eaten by badgers first.

[/ QUOTE ]
So what you're saying is that Matt should get a badger? Where's he supposed to find time to hunt down a badger?

2461Badugi 05-02-2007 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So what you're saying is that Matt should get a badger? Where's he supposed to find time to hunt down a badger?

[/ QUOTE ]
He should have Chad do it.