Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   100 NL | AK flops TPTK. Who goes broke here? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=391285)

MorningAfter 04-29-2007 04:59 PM

Re: 100 NL | AK flops TPTK. Who goes broke here?

With the bet sizing I don't see folding here being +EV, it's NL100, people are dumb, shoves usually mean they don't know how to play on the next street(s), call and stack off his AT/A9

Annorax 04-29-2007 05:02 PM

Fold and wait to see retard's A3 or 33 or something

74o_Clownsuit 04-29-2007 06:02 PM

If he had a set he would likely just call the shortie and see what you do. Sure he could possibly have a set but I go broke here everytime in this situation.

Idan151 04-29-2007 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You could be right about him wanting shorty alone with A10/AJ/AQ

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you make a good point about that. The fact that shortie is involved in this hand and donkbet the flop could have influenced him to push with a wider range to get me outta there. That's exactly why I had trouble with this hand because if shortie wasn't involved I think it would be an instamuck in a 3-way pot with full stacks.

Of course, I'm only assuming this since I have no idea how this guy plays. But from my experience, I gave him a little more credit as an unknown and thought he would just call if he had a set to try to trap me into raising him here. I figured I was flipping against his range here and called. Yeah he had 33 and stacked me gg whatever. I was just wondering if this call was close and could be neutral to slightly EV, or if I have a leak here by calling. Just wondering for future reference when I see these kind of shoves from unknowns.

RiverHebrew2 04-29-2007 07:18 PM

lol- sb rarely will have a set here or two pair- probably has something like AT or AJ. Meh, You can jus fold. Anyone who will make retarded overbets like this you can just stack later. This is a very marginal call if you were to do it, especially if SB did actually lead with a big flopped hand.

Idan151 04-29-2007 07:39 PM

nah SB was a donk and I wouldn't even give him credit for more than mid pair here. He instafolded once I called anyway.

I would fold here, but I guess I couldn't find that button in time. I figured it was marginal and felt like taking a chance here, but I felt like I made a mistake as soon as I clicked call. Not a big deal for losing one stack, I'll just be more patient next time and wait for a better chance to stack him.

cs3 04-29-2007 07:46 PM

overbet-pushing a dry, A high flop with a set is a pretty sick move., especially vs an unknown

Idan151 04-29-2007 08:08 PM

yeah i thought so too. maybe I should start doing this and people will actually start to pay my sets off for once. I doubt he was thinking on this level though but who knows, NL 100 could be getting tougher these days!

55555 04-29-2007 08:19 PM

i think you have to call so you can tell us what he had

wdead 04-29-2007 08:30 PM

all in