Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   MLB "throw it back" (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=385734)

Dids 04-23-2007 10:57 AM

Re: MLB \"throw it back\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm throwing at back at Wrigley Field, and Wrigley Field only.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT

[/ QUOTE ]

hawk59 04-23-2007 11:17 AM

does security kick you out if you throw the ball back?

bigt2k4 04-23-2007 12:26 PM

I am throwing it back everytime unless it is Barry Bond's record tying/breaking HR

PokerFink 04-23-2007 12:35 PM

In how many parks do the fans throw most of the opposing HR back? It rarely happened at the Vet, but it's been the thing to do at Citizen's Bank pretty much since day one for some reason.

ScottHoward3.0 04-23-2007 12:38 PM

wait for somebody to yell "throw it back!", and then fire it at that person.

Triumph36 04-23-2007 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In how many parks do the fans throw most of the opposing HR back? It rarely happened at the Vet, but it's been the thing to do at Citizen's Bank pretty much since day one for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

good question. it used to be fairly standard at yankee stadium in the early 90s but now i never see it. either yankee fans have become spoiled with success, decided the possible worth of such a ball is worth more than being the guy who throws it back, or have an arm like johnny damon and can't even get it on the field.

TruFloridaGator 04-23-2007 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wait for somebody to yell "throw it back!", and then fire it at that person.

[/ QUOTE ]

winner

Karak567 04-23-2007 12:49 PM

c) throw pizza at the guy catching the ball

chev9 04-23-2007 01:43 PM

I caught one at Fenway once and tossed it back. I would guess it was around 1994. It was Sox-Jays and Toronto was maybe a game or two ahead in the standings in August. I think John Dopson was on the mound, not even sure if I have that name right. Anyway, Devon White leads off by hitting one right to me. I made a nice one handed grab, spun and fired it onto the field. I hadn't pre-planned this or anything and I did it before anyone pressured me to throw it back. I remember being legitimately pissed off and that was my reaction to it being a HR. The upside was that people in my section bought me beers all day long for it.

Fast forward 13 years and this past Saturday I was at Fenway with my 5 year old daughter and Coco Crisp caught an inning ending flyout under us and flipped the ball up. A guy about 20 feet to my right caught it and gave it to my daughter. Coco is her favorite player (because his same sounds funny), so it made her day. Different situation than an opponent's HR ball, but giving the ball to a kid is a cool thing to do.

kidcolin 04-23-2007 01:58 PM

I was unaware of free beers being involved. [censored] the kids.