Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Heads up vs. Tuan Le (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=383127)

Highlander. 04-20-2007 09:35 AM

Re: Heads up vs. Tuan Le

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, cause people never bluff on scary boards aginst pfr's

[/ QUOTE ]

Any pair will fare much better on a drawy board hence it is less likely to move someone off a hand.

A drawy board is not scary at all.

This is a scary board to be raised on : K77r
when you hold QQ or a bad K. Either you are up against a bluff or you are way way behind.

Arito 04-20-2007 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't get the feeling that you can just never fold top pair heads up against a crazy lag. That plays right into their overall strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regularly folding hands as strong as top pair does as well though...

nubs 04-20-2007 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you are vastly vastly ahead of his range here, and with these stacks, i think a shove is far preferable to "seeing what falls on the turn"

i think it's a great two-way bet in that he folds a couple worse hands like better tens, T8, JT, QT quite often. but i think far more often he's priced in to call his 15 outer hand when he would have actually c/f had he missed on the river. i like a shove much much much more than a call, i think the only question is between shove and fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused, it sounds like you are saying its a good thing he is priced in to call and will make a +ev call?

Lefort 04-20-2007 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think you are vastly vastly ahead of his range here, and with these stacks, i think a shove is far preferable to "seeing what falls on the turn"

i think it's a great two-way bet in that he folds a couple worse hands like better tens, T8, JT, QT quite often. but i think far more often he's priced in to call his 15 outer hand when he would have actually c/f had he missed on the river. i like a shove much much much more than a call, i think the only question is between shove and fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused, it sounds like you are saying its a good thing he is priced in to call and will make a +ev call?

[/ QUOTE ]

The size of the pot makes it +EV for both players to get it in. But we're still 65%+ to win and thus want to get the chips in.

As for the hand, I don't think he folds QT/JT but I'm also not totally convinced he fires the turn again with those hands. I like a push, but don't hate a fold.

Lefort 04-20-2007 11:10 AM

Do YOU (anyone) bet the turn with QT/JT here? I believe if you do its with full intentions of felting it.

nubs 04-20-2007 11:10 AM

Thanks, basic stuff. I've been up for too long.

fslexcduck 04-20-2007 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he will be +EV to call for the pot, but any chips we get in, we get in as 2:1 favorite for 1:1 on our money so yes we want to put as many chips in as possible in that case. the main point being the assumption that he check/folds if he misses.

dmoney 04-20-2007 04:06 PM

what is the likely hood it isnt him on his account?

BarryG did say ealier this week that people give arms and legs to play on ppls accounts like this cause they know they are getting paid off everytime.

p.s. this also seems like one of those times.

ahnuld 04-20-2007 04:19 PM

if what barry said is true, it seems really really dirty to me.

cero_z 04-20-2007 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if what barry said is true, it seems really really dirty to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's obviously true in the general sense; do you remember when JMan was playing "Roland DeWolfe" (sp?) 300/600 NL but was playing Patrik Antonius?