Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   NBA Mock Draft ver. 2 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=382909)

MEbenhoe 04-19-2007 10:48 PM

Re: NBA Mock Draft ver. 2

[ QUOTE ]
Brewer goes top 5 for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow wtf, a team wins a national championship and suddenly everybody thinks their team is full of top nba players.

Assani Fisher 04-19-2007 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow wtf, a team wins back to back national championships in dominating fashion with the same starting 5 and suddenly everybody thinks their team is full of top nba players.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

MEbenhoe 04-19-2007 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow wtf, a team wins back to back national championships in dominating fashion with the same starting 5 and suddenly everybody thinks their team is full of top nba players.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

[/ QUOTE ]

the point is if i would've done this a week before the national championship game nobody would've thought anything of the placement of the Florida players. You're putting way too much weight into the fact that they won a national championship even though Oden made Noah his bitch and the biggest difference in the game was Humphrey.

Assani Fisher 04-19-2007 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
also, i hate even the mention of horford going to the bucks. For one, I think he's a bit overrated, and he's not what the bucks need at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have all 3 of the Florida guys going lower than most mocks. Do you think they were all overrated? Does that mean you think that Green, Humphries, and Richard were underrated on that team? Or do you think that its the system or the coach? IIRC they were the first starting 5 win back to back titles in something like 50 years, so they must have done something right.

[/ QUOTE ]

nbadraft.net has all 3 florida guys going in about the same range I do. ESPNs mock is a joke if thats what you're going off of. And as a final note, if you dont realize that good college player doesnt equal good nba player then I dont even know why we're having this discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, I realize that. Do you have to post something sarcastic or condescending in every one of your replies?

Anyway, there are two major mock draft sites: Nbadraft.net and draftexpress.com. Those are the only two online sites I use, although most of my opinions are in no way influenced by online sites. I certainly would never let espn influence me in any way.

Assani Fisher 04-19-2007 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

[/ QUOTE ]

the point is if i would've done this a week before the national championship game nobody would've thought anything of the placement of the Florida players. You're putting way too much weight into the fact that they won a national championship even though Oden made Noah his bitch and the biggest difference in the game was Humphrey.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious as to how you know this about me. For the record, you're 100% wrong. I missed the national championship game(actually listened to it on radio) because I was travelling. That game has minimal impact upon my thoughts, and I would be disagreeing with you just the same had it never happened.

Noah is a power forward who, when matched up with Oden, was asked to guard him one-on-one. Do you really think any power forward should be able to control one of the most dominant college freshman centers of all time? That seems like an unfair criticism to me.

MEbenhoe 04-19-2007 11:03 PM

well i wasnt referring to only you, so it was a generalization, and what else do you expect me to think when a reason being thrown about for why they should be drafted higher is their national championship?

And now you're contradicting yourself. You were just talking about how awesome defensively Noah is and what good size he has, well if thats true he should be able to stop a guy who's been ripped on all season for being underdeveloped offensively. Especially if he's supposedly good enough defensively that it'll be enough to make up for his lack of scoring ability. There's a reason most teams fans that end up in the range that noah could fall in are gonna be sitting hoping their teams don't draft him.

MEbenhoe 04-19-2007 11:05 PM

p.s. because apparently there is some confusion, the mock draft is basically who i would take in each spot, not a prediction of the actual draft.

Clarkmeister 04-19-2007 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow wtf, a team wins a national championship and suddenly everybody thinks their team is full of top nba players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please. Just as Noah has a game that obviously doesn't translate to the NBA, Brewer's game simply SCREAMS NBA. Has the size and defense to crack almost any starting lineup immediately and has plenty of offensive tools as well.

MEbenhoe 04-19-2007 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please. Just as Noah has a game that obviously doesn't translate to the NBA, Brewer's game simply SCREAMS NBA. Has the size and defense to crack almost any starting lineup immediately and has plenty of offensive tools as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Brewer, there's just other players I'd take over him at his position. obviously those being Jeff Green and Julian Wright. Really if the draft order stays as is, the only top 5 team I could see taking Brewer is the Suns.

Shadowrun 04-19-2007 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
p.s. because apparently there is some confusion, the mock draft is basically who i would take in each spot, not a prediction of the actual draft.

[/ QUOTE ]

unless your saying you know better than the teams regular gm's than it should be pretty similar