Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Another gem against betgo (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=380800)

1p0kerboy 04-17-2007 09:50 AM

Re: Another gem against betgo

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like just a BBV post to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get the [censored] out of my thread you worthless piece of [censored].

curtains 04-17-2007 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is this being posted exactly? Is it to demonstrate how bad betgo is supposed to be or is it just some kind of running friendly joke between the two of you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to find ways to exploit his style. I'm not sure that pushing here with jacks was the best way to go even though my result was good.

I 3-bet him light and he knows that. So now he 4-bets me light so pushing jacks against betgo may or may not be +EV for me.

FWIW I think he 4bets here with a lot worse hands too that he probably folds to a shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, the title of the post sounds like you are insulting him.

I mean I'm sure that your play was fine, especially if you are correct about his ranges, which it seems like you probably are.

1p0kerboy 04-17-2007 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I mean I'm sure that your play was fine, especially if you are correct about his ranges, which it seems like you probably are.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the surface it looks like we both played the hand like monkeeys. But there is a lot of metagame involved in this hand that makes it kinda complex.

Cry Me A River 04-17-2007 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm trying to find ways to exploit his style.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the reason why you're looking to for excuses to mix it up with marginal hands against the best player at your table rather than cultivating all the "low hanging fruit" is...?

We get it. TAGs have bigger e-penises than LAGs. Too bad it's now costing you actual money instead of just silly posts to keep trying to prove it.

threads13 04-17-2007 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On the surface it looks like we both played the hand like monkeeys. But there is a lot of metagame involved in this hand that makes it kinda complex.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it is just some multi-level thinking, right?

He knows that you RR light and you know that he knows that so you shove light.

Is there something more to that I am missing?

diebitter 04-17-2007 10:01 AM

I think Fossilman did some analyses of these sort of aggro-arms races a long time ago. Can't remember where. I think the answer is roughly 'stop and go'.

1p0kerboy 04-17-2007 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We get it. TAGs have bigger e-penises than LAGs. Too bad it's now costing you actual money instead of just silly posts to keep trying to prove it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not costing me money if it is +EV. Who said betgo was the best at the table? FWIW I think I do extremely well playing pots against him.

If you're scared to play against good players, maybe you should drop down to 50NL.

1p0kerboy 04-17-2007 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Fossilman did some analyses of these sort of aggro-arms races a long time ago. Can't remember where. I think the answer is roughly 'stop and go'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that I think about it, this sounds like an interesting alternative strategy for situations like this one. I'm gonna try to dig that up...

betgo 04-17-2007 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Now that I think about it, this sounds like an interesting alternative strategy for situations like this one. I'm gonna try to dig that up...

[/ QUOTE ]
Stop and going JJ is pretty bad here. It might or might not have gotten me to fold here. However, in general you don't stop and go middle pps, because you only get folds when you are ahead.

diebitter 04-17-2007 10:09 AM

let me have the link if you find it please.