Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Lay Down Second Set on the River? 25-50 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=379366)

spino1i 04-16-2007 01:18 AM

Re: Lay Down Second Set on the River? 25-50

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like check/call on this river way more than betting. I dont think your getting much value from your hand because he would have bet any half-way decent made hand on the turn. I like your hand as a bluffcatcher.

[/ QUOTE ]

makes no sense to me. please explain further.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont worry hes wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

Its pretty simple. Besides QK I cant think of any made hands that villain plays like this. I mean he could have the 4th jack, but chances are against it. I think villain has a draw here way more often than a made hand, and so a check/call makes a lot of sense here as you avoid paying off 98 too much and get the busted flush draw to bluff. Yes you loose value from KQ or the rare J that decides to look you up, but I think its worth it. Hell I think KQ/AQ has a good chance of betting here so you still get money from that too. Basically any hand that calls a bet you make will make a bet if checked to on this river.

This assumes villain is aggressive player of course.

And to the person who wanted to know my SN: EvilEcstasy, your welcome to play me anytime.

nycballer 04-16-2007 01:42 AM

is that stars? u play 10/20 right? and do u play hu? if yes to all these gogogogo

spino1i 04-16-2007 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is that stars? u play 10/20 right? and do u play hu? if yes to all these gogogogo

[/ QUOTE ]

im not playing you heads-up. I practice something called game selection with regards to heads-up. Normally play 5/10 6-max and 10/20 FR on Bodog. Sometimes play on Stars.

Eagles 04-16-2007 01:49 AM

I guess I was wrong

spino1i 04-16-2007 01:54 AM

I dont know why he has a problem with my advice but part of the reason I post is to learn and discuss different strategies. I am not going to be a sheep and just go along with what the herd says.

EmpireMaker2 04-16-2007 03:16 AM

This looks like an easy fold

Eagles 04-16-2007 04:22 AM

I was thinking about this hand and was curious about something.

What do people think of shoving the river?

Dale Dough 04-16-2007 06:11 AM

Easy fold? Shove the river? I must have been away from the tables too long..

Also, 25 50 at the V? Is there some kind of tournament craziness going on in Vegas now?

Disclaimer: I've only been to Vegas once, perhaps it was some freak occurence that they only had 5/10 going during those two weeks.. did see 10 20 once.

adanthar 04-16-2007 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are we trying to get QQ to fold, or TT to call? because neither of those is happening

Eagles 04-16-2007 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are we trying to get QQ to fold, or TT to call? because neither of those is happening

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think villain shows up with TT often. I think most of the time his range is mainly air/89 maybe Kd9d. This seems suicidal but I think villain would have a very tough time calling a shove with 89.

This line might be retarded but I'm just throwing it out there.