Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Aces Up $2/$5 Live (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371855)

Big_Jim 04-04-2007 04:37 PM

Re: Aces Up $2/$5 Live

Live Question:
If I think that I can get a good feel for where he's at, with some table banter, should I make it, even if I think that he will likely interpret my banter as strength?

EverettKings 04-04-2007 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Live Question:
If I think that I can get a good feel for where he's at, with some table banter, should I make it, even if I think that he will likely interpret my banter as strength?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like doing so would set him up to fold the very hands that you're considering a value bet against.

DJ Sensei 04-04-2007 05:05 PM

If you want him to call, i'd probably be as silent and nervous-looking as possible.

catcher193 04-04-2007 06:06 PM

looks like a close push

chief_ 04-04-2007 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Live Question:

[/ QUOTE ]

If table banter will help you assess accurately where you are at, and villain is able to act on his read of strength and only call a river raise here with better hands, you will usually be only folding or calling, but you will know which is better more accurately after you interact with him.

It looks like a close shove and the info you want to get probably "costs" too much to acquire.

Big_Jim 04-04-2007 09:44 PM

I crane my neck over to look at his stack, and count out a call.

I (perhaps stupidly) ask him if he has a monster. I expect him to chuckle a little bit, if he does, and stare at me stone faced if he doesn't.

He gives me the stone face, so I shove.

He tanks for like a minute, and mucks.

In retrospect, I think the table banter was a mistake. I should have just counted out chips or something, or just done nothing.

I'm still not sure if I like the raise or not, without a live read, and I felt kinda dirty when I made it, even with one. I think the chance that I run into Aces full or Quads or something are probably too high, and the chances that he has something like AK/AQ and makes a call with it are too small, in retrospect.

Triumph36 04-04-2007 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I crane my neck over to look at his stack, and count out a call.

I (perhaps stupidly) ask him if he has a monster. I expect him to chuckle a little bit, if he does, and stare at me stone faced if he doesn't.

He gives me the stone face, so I shove.

He tanks for like a minute, and mucks.

In retrospect, I think the table banter was a mistake. I should have just counted out chips or something, or just done nothing.

I'm still not sure if I like the raise or not, without a live read, and I felt kinda dirty when I made it, too. I think the chance that I run into Aces full or Quads or something are probably too high, and the chances that he has something like AK/AQ and makes a call with it are too small, in retrospect.

[/ QUOTE ]

100% agreed. All these 'you get called by AK' posts are forgetting that every better hand calls as well.

Big_Jim 04-04-2007 09:58 PM

I realize now my table banter would be better if this were a fold/call spot instead of a call/raise spot.

wpr101 04-04-2007 10:42 PM

I'm sort of confused by villian's check on the flop is he has been cbetting every hand.

I'm not a fan of talking during big hands, mostly because I'm not sure how to obtain the result I want.

KLJ 04-04-2007 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sort of confused by villian's check on the flop is he has been cbetting every hand.

I'm not a fan of talking during big hands, mostly because I'm not sure how to obtain the result I want.

[/ QUOTE ]

zomg sneaky? these players exist.. everywhere