Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   A trivial question about the censorship software (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=362723)

AlexM 03-24-2007 08:42 PM

Re: A trivial question about the censorship software

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What about if you're getting around the filter to use a word "legitimately" like "My dog's a b1tch" or "I had to bring in that f*ggot of wood."

[/ QUOTE ]

Well bitch isn't censored and nobody uses [censored] like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried to use it like that fairly recently. Admittedly, it's rare.

LionelHutz00 03-25-2007 02:18 AM

In a post a made a long time ago, c*cksucker was censored, but c*cksucking was not. I was amused.

Now I see that they're both censored. Good work mods.

nath 03-25-2007 02:51 AM

I managed to get ass hyphen hole censored after I started using it to get around the profanity filter, when I felt it specifically needed to be expressed.

Probably my greatest contribution to the site.

tuq 03-25-2007 03:35 AM

I don't get the zealousness in this thread by many, mods included. It's like some of you want a pat on the head or a cookie from Ryan or something.

While I understand where TPTB at 2+2 are coming from w/r/t the language filter (it's their party after all), there comes a point of diminishing returns. It's already parsing out a ton of words, and frankly I get annoyed when I read a thread with a [censored] word and I have on idea what it is and have to sit there and try to figure it out. F-bomb? Ess-bomb? Dumb ass? A-hole? Female anatomy that rhymes with "flit"?

When I write a post I avoid a blocked word like the plague unless it's completely obvious what that word is, as I want my point to be made. The more you guys encourage censorship the harder it's going to be to read posts. Think about it, you [censored] snitches.

edfurlong 03-25-2007 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Think about it, you [censored] snitches.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you need bring skin color into this.

evil twin 03-25-2007 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mickey Brausch
Banned

[/ QUOTE ]
Inquiring minds want to know.

Edit: Nevermind.

[Phill] 03-25-2007 06:26 AM

Dont ban, technically i only circumvented filter when mentioning my love for duck based food.

A fagg0t is a duck based food stuff, if i were to mention it in a food thread is that circumventing the software?

Turd

Felcher

Cum gurgling whore

Am i allowed to use the term feck? This is a commonly known method of circumventing the Irish TV/Catholic alliance in Ireland thanks to Father Ted. Can i use it?

Mike Haven 03-25-2007 08:50 AM

I can understand a townie's confusion between a duck and a pig, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ,but, for the sake of keeping this discussion on track, a f a g g o t is made from the bits of a pig what the sun don't shine on. (If you read the linked article, the third last paragraph explains why you thought it was made from duck. Kind of like why in English fish and chip shops you are offered "Rock Salmon" instead of "dogfish".)

Imo, I think using feck is better than using f*ck, because feck is an accepted minor cuss-word, (although admittedly originally a word-play on [censored]; the same way shoot is an accepted minor cuss-word instead of [censored]), in it's own right, whereas, f*ck means only one thing - you wouldn't put an asterisk in place of the e in feck. From the pov of Twoplustwo, although they would probably prefer you to use non-slang English in any case, they certainly don't want you to use the words that are known globally as being not nice, like [censored], [censored], [censored], or, the rudest word in the world, that I learned, much to my shame, when I was an innocent seven years old, and that I have never used again until this day: [censored]. (My [censored]ing - it passed the auto-censor! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] )

[Phill] 03-25-2007 09:54 AM

I come from farming stock going back to my grandparents, and coming from a quite nice village in the North East i would never define myself as a townie but im sure its an easy assumption.

But yeah, being from the North i can see the source of confusion. Plus whilst i like duck, ive only had [censored] once when i was a bairn so cant remember much about em.

Im pretty sure i know what the rudest word in the world is, and i use it fairly regularly. Again, im a Northerner, we tend to swear more.

bonds 03-25-2007 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im pretty sure i know what the rudest word in the world is, and i use it fairly regularly.

[/ QUOTE ]

"liberal"?

<font color="white">KIDDING. I swear. I don't even read Politics. </font>