Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   200/400 v Benyamine. River (bluff?) Shove (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361305)

TheGrifter 03-22-2007 02:18 PM

Re: 200/400 v Benyamine. River (bluff?) Shove

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea what's going on postflop. Is preflop standard for you? I'd 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the first thing I thought also. DB can profitable isolate the short stack with any two cards, so especially with a hand like ATo that doesn't play great post-flop for 150 BB's, I'm inclined to make it like 7K pre-flop and try to freeroll against the short stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

what if benyamine is expecting this, and 4bets you very very light? that would be an extremely likely scenario, given:

a) how aggro benyamine is
b)it's obvious you want to isolate
c) now not only freerolling but free dead money to boot

i prefer a call with position given this likely possibility, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

5-bet?

You're not supposed to advertise in your location.

durrrr 03-22-2007 02:40 PM

he raises pf tighter than he should here if anything... and most people think you can raise looser than you can (any 2 etc)

spino1i 03-22-2007 03:07 PM

I think this is one of those situations where he folds weaker hands and calls with better hands. I cant figure out whether this is a bluff or a value bet.

Hensa 03-22-2007 03:28 PM

if he folds all weakers T, it is simply bad

yellowsub 03-22-2007 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is one of those situations where he folds weaker hands and calls with better hands. I cant figure out whether this is a bluff or a value bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think jman can either, hence the post

Dr. Strangelove 03-22-2007 05:34 PM

Sexy. like the winner of a drag show.

True 03-22-2007 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think jman can either, hence the post

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure he does know what it is, but just doesn't know if it's better than calling or not....

BobboFitos 03-22-2007 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I also thought that him knowing he would see my cards would make him fold a little more because of the curiousity factor."

This def works on me, id fold JJ+. the notion of bluffing with a made hand (with SDV) is very reluctant to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
seconded

big problem here tho is just bc nezzar/me would (POSSIBLY) fold JJ, the absolute value of hands (QQ less likely, KK even more less liekly, AA NEVAH!) means there is a small gray area of hands that POSSIBLY fold..

really id call this river, although the bluff sure is interesting.

ActionJeff 03-22-2007 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he raises pf tighter than he should here if anything... and most people think you can raise looser than you can (any 2 etc)

[/ QUOTE ]

ABSOLUTELY, Benyamines range is much tighter preflop than it should be here. That combined with the postflop action makes me think you are usually beat... excluding the possibility of a push, I'm not sure if calling is higher EV than folding. I would probably call though. No comment on the push.

restrikt 03-22-2007 07:27 PM

Isn't Benyamine a huge calling station?