Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   I've Heard Good Players Do This (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=354634)

Alexos 03-14-2007 01:19 AM

Re: I\'ve Heard Good Players Do This

[ QUOTE ]
Against a guy who bought in short, who I will assume is a donk until shown otherwise, I like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't donks the ones we want to avoid bluffing, especially when they are shortstacked, and on that board??

Gary Stevenson 03-14-2007 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see why I can't have 78, 67, etc

[/ QUOTE ]
you obviously can, i dont think he's going to think that though. i agree with TWP ([img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img], is that taboo these days? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]), i dont think he's bet/folding KK/JJ or Qx here. i think he either slowplayed something or will look you up a decent amount with and ace. also agree that u can dump it pf. i know that feeling of getting RRd small and having [censored]...so annoying but i think folding is better probably- especially against guys who probably wont be folding much postflop (natural assumption with no reads vs. some1 who bought in short)

Isura 03-14-2007 01:54 AM

I think river is good.

aislephive 03-14-2007 01:55 AM

If we give him credit for a 3 betting range of TT+. AQ+, which I think is a good standard range for an unknown. He'll fold TT/JJ but I doubt he plays those hands like this, the river bet would make little sense unless he tried to induce a bluff in which case he calls the river raise. KK seems like the main hand we're targeting, which his line seems to fit KK pretty well although I think KK normally checks the river as well. Also we have a K in our hand so that makes KK a little less likely, FWIW.

So basically I think this is pretty bad, we get looked up by a lot of hands here given his range.

ArturiusX 03-14-2007 01:57 AM

If you get looked up, I think you deserve strassa's title of "can have ANYTHING"

CieloAzor 03-14-2007 02:04 AM

I can't say I'm a fan of preflop, or river.

I think villain's hand looks most like AT. He wasn't sure if he was ahead on the riv, so he made a small bet to either get value from a worse hand or discourage a larger bet by a better ace. Since your push on the end doesn't represent much of anything, I assume he tanks and calls.

It's a valiant effort though.

FoxwoodsFiend 03-14-2007 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If we give him credit for a 3 betting range of TT+. AQ+, which I think is a good standard range for an unknown. He'll fold TT/JJ but I doubt he plays those hands like this, the river bet would make little sense unless he tried to induce a bluff in which case he calls the river raise. KK seems like the main hand we're targeting, which his line seems to fit KK pretty well although I think KK normally checks the river as well. Also we have a K in our hand so that makes KK a little less likely, FWIW.

So basically I think this is pretty bad, we get looked up by a lot of hands here given his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

i give unknowns a much wider range for small reraising than you do. i see stuff like KJ, KQ, and a motley assortment of junk a good amount i feel like

FoxwoodsFiend 03-14-2007 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you get looked up, I think you deserve strassa's title of "can have ANYTHING"

[/ QUOTE ]

why does whether i get called change whether I can have K9 here or not? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Shes 03-14-2007 02:13 AM

i just threw up a little

FoxwoodsFiend 03-14-2007 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i just threw up a little

[/ QUOTE ]

welcome to twoplustwo, keep up the quality posting!