Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   texdolly on FTP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=352121)

Drainbamaged 03-30-2007 09:21 AM

Re: texdolly on FTP

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Give the man a break. He's over 70 years old; of course he might hesitate some to play 20-year-old Tom Dwan on the internet. Put them against each other at a live table, and we'll see how they'll do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blah, blah, internet isn't real poker blah blah blah.

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't my point; see above.

ALLEN BOND 03-30-2007 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Durrr would eat him alive when he turns 21.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm...funny you say this without mentioning what game they are going to play. I can think of a few that I think Doyle would be favored in and I'm a Durr fan [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Durrr has what...5 years of Poker experience? Doyle has about 50 years under his belt. He would crush Durrr in the long run.

tw0please 03-30-2007 10:33 AM

Too bad Durrr has a longer run to look forward to.

moving shapes 03-30-2007 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm...funny you say this without mentioning what game they are going to play. I can think of a few that I think Doyle would be favored in and I'm a Durr fan [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Durrr has what...5 years of Poker experience? Doyle has about 50 years under his belt. He would crush Durrr in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say durrr has played more hands than doyle has in NLholdem.

LBK 03-30-2007 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Too bad Durrr has a longer run to look forward to.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Durrr hasn't bust by Doyl's age I'll be amazed. Strike that..if Durr doesn't go bust by the time he's 25 I'll be amazed.

JoeM 03-30-2007 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

According to an interview with Durrr he started in 2004 .. which means he has around 3 years experience. Which makes me sick to my stomach.

ALLEN BOND 03-30-2007 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure someone who has played for 3 years has played more hands(NLHoldem) then Doyle in 50 years. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] You have to be kidding me.

mhcmarty 03-30-2007 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

because you're a known pro does not mean you show up in red.

[/ QUOTE ]

The quote above is pretty obvious.

I was wondering if his SN was in Red to see if he had become associated with FT. With his site closing to US players and moving the US player base to FT it wouldn't be a stretch for Doyle to join FT. They have a few big name players on their team.

moving shapes 03-30-2007 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure someone who has played for 3 years has played more hands(NLHoldem) then Doyle in 50 years. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] You have to be kidding me.

[/ QUOTE ]

say it's close.

doyle plays a lot of other games apart from NL.

the internet is pretty fast also.

ALLEN BOND 03-30-2007 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

say it's close.

doyle plays a lot of other games apart from NL.

the internet is pretty fast also.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is absolutely no way it is close. Do you understand there is about a 45 YEAR difference. Even if online would go at 200 hands per hour, he would not catch up.