Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Cheapest way to live in vegas short term? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347140)

jacksquat 03-05-2007 08:17 PM

Re: Cheapest way to live in vegas short term?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I plan to be involed in high level drug distribution and I know karate...

[/ QUOTE ]

i've seen plenty of karate "EXPERTS" take an ass whippin'

bav 03-05-2007 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How much is your life worth? Every serial killer, pervert, and outlaw in the U.S. asks the same question---because they all head to Vegas. Vegas on the cheap can be dangerous.

[/ QUOTE ]

saw something on t.v. recently showing how truly dumb criminals and other assorted lamsters are for heading to vegas. more surveillance cameras than anywhere on earth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Total off-topic hijack here...

Young guy yesterday got his rear handed to him by a donkalicious player who was playing incredibly stupidly. Kid got himself stacked twice by this guy, in one case by his QQ vs K6s where K6 raised to $7, QQ raised to $36, K6 called, two suited cards flopped and K6 went all-in, QQ insta-called and lost on the river.

So K6 racks up and leaves 15 minutes later saying it's dinner time and the kid starts mumbling about how he really wants to follow that guy out and kick his ass. DAMN these security cameras everywhere...if it weren't for the cameras he'd just beat that stupid donkey into a bloody mess. DAMN DAMN the cameras!

Oddly enough, I'm not sure my money would be on the kid. He wasn't a large person by any stretch.

DoubleB 03-06-2007 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Try www.rent.com, you can get 3 month leases in Las Vegas in many apartment communities for less than 1k, and they are usually safe. You will need transportation and furniture, its not easy getting around here.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Another option, if you have wheels, is Manor Suites, south of the airport on LV Blvd.

They are $279/week for a furnished 1 BR. They have wired hi speed internet, phones and a full kitchen. They are safe, clean and convenient to card rooms on the south strip. I stayed there for six weeks earlier this year and am planing on staying there several times again in the future.

Manor Suites

otter 03-06-2007 02:25 AM

I was at the Blair house on Desert Inn for about 3 months one time(maybe 4 or 5). I don't remember the price, but it wasn't a bad place at all and it was furnished. You'll probably need a car though since the monorail doesn't run 24/7.

magoo 03-06-2007 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How much is your life worth? Every serial killer, pervert, and outlaw in the U.S. asks the same question---because they all head to Vegas. Vegas on the cheap can be dangerous.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really believe this, or do you just want to be dramatic? Stats indicate that Vegas is safer than (for example) Boston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Chicago. Take a look.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Statistics" are without meaning to dead people.

Poshua 03-06-2007 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You really believe this, or do you just want to be dramatic? Stats indicate that Vegas is safer than (for example) Boston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Chicago. Take a look.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Statistics" are without meaning to dead people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently, they are also without meaning to some living people.

Packard 03-06-2007 04:40 PM

Just wondering why the OP is going to Vegas for 20/40 and 30/60 limit? L.A. would be wayyy better for those games but the rent is more and you would definately need a car.

Hoi Polloi 03-06-2007 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Try www.rent.com, you can get 3 month leases in Las Vegas in many apartment communities for less than 1k, and they are usually safe. You will need transportation and furniture, its not easy getting around here.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Another option, if you have wheels, is Manor Suites, south of the airport on LV Blvd.

They are $279/week for a furnished 1 BR. They have wired hi speed internet, phones and a full kitchen. They are safe, clean and convenient to card rooms on the south strip. I stayed there for six weeks earlier this year and am planing on staying there several times again in the future.

Manor Suites

[/ QUOTE ]

That's totally awesome and twice weekly maid service for $330. The bus service up LVB is pretty good too so you could skirt the car issue if you wanted.