Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Personal Business Manager or Private Jet? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=341948)

Jeff_B 02-26-2007 10:34 PM

Re: Personal Business Manager or Private Jet?

if i didnt have to work id want the jet but yeah the personal assistant would rule right now...

firstyearclay 02-26-2007 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I could have a combination business manager/secretary, I'd do that. I'd love to be able to make requests like "book me two tickets to X," "find me a good gym in my area," or get all my grocery shopping and errands done. This would make a significant difference in my day-to-day life and it's hard to imagine a jet doing that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personal Assistant?

fyc

emon87 02-26-2007 11:12 PM

I currently work as a "personal business manager". We call it Research Assistant, lol.

The jet and PBM aren't really comparable.

kyleb 02-26-2007 11:17 PM

I have a personal assistant. It's really nice.

That said, it's not a jet.

DrewDevil 02-26-2007 11:18 PM

Having my own plane is the one super-expensive perq I would love to have. Easy call.

Emperor 03-07-2007 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody that can afford a private jet can afford a personal business manager too. I can't imagine having the former without the latter, but I can imagine having the latter without the former.

[/ QUOTE ]

The jet is WAY more expensive than the business manager. The business manager is 5% of income with a cap somewhere over what my friend makes.

Single guys should be going with the jet, I suppose, because as El D points out it will get you laid. But once you marry the woman the jet helps you meet and you have kids and responsibilities etc etc etc you're going to want the business manager, let me tell you.

What the [censored] am I going to do with a jet? If it has internet access I guess I can hide in it and play poker and hope my wife and child don't find me to go to another goddamn birthday party, but other than that it'd be useless.

[/ QUOTE ]

When your wife cheats on you, and she will at some point, use the jet to pull chicks.

Alobar 03-07-2007 02:15 AM

yeah a jet would be cool and all, but im going with the PBM, Id prolly use the jet like the first month and then get bored with it, plus I hate to fly.

chisness 03-07-2007 02:38 AM

Can most jets get from CA, NV, IL to Europe?

ed8383 03-07-2007 03:01 AM

private jet is insta balla/superstar status, but having your own assistant cannot be topped, the possibilities are endless.

want some of that authentic mexican/chinese but they don't deliver? send your assistant
feeling like watching a movie? send the assistant to blockbuster
do you want some coffee? send him to starbucks
feeling like playing poker but a good show is on at the same time? have your assistant play while you watch tv and he asks you if he should fold/call/raise

kyleb 03-07-2007 03:07 AM

I have a personal assistant.

It's pretty good.

...but I'd trade her for a jet pretty quickly.