Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Looks like SD is screwed, Norv new coach (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=335799)

TheRover 02-19-2007 04:31 PM

Re: Looks like SD is screwed, Norv new coach

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
O-2
D-14

Someone should check and make sure I have the right years. I think Turner gets somewhat of a bum rap and Cottrell is garbage.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are the rankings based on? The Bills D was #6 and #1 in yardage in 98/99...
I agree though; the Jets & Vikings D got worse under TC with basically the same players.

[/ QUOTE ]

DVOA

edit: fair or not, I'm tempted to give most of Buffalo's decency as credit to Phillips.

Wondercall 02-19-2007 04:58 PM

I'm curious as to what SD fans think about this.

FUJItheFISH 02-19-2007 05:25 PM

i wanted rivera. seems head strong and could lead a talented team. im okay with norv, but not excited.

Borden 02-19-2007 05:27 PM

If SD was smart they'd sign Rivera as their D cord since the Bears are going to let him walk

lastchance 02-19-2007 05:29 PM

Yar to the above.

Some team can pick up Marty and Ron Rivera right now, while Norv Turner has a job. How ridiculous is that?

capone0 02-19-2007 05:33 PM

I'm not sure of Rivera's history but doesn't he run the 4-3 cover 2 in Chicago. Doesn't SD have the personnel to run the 3-4 D. I bet they look for a DC that has that type of experience. I don't think Norv has much experience with that type of D.

PokerFink 02-19-2007 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure of Rivera's history but doesn't he run the 4-3 cover 2 in Chicago. Doesn't SD have the personnel to run the 3-4 D.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

Edit: What you said below this is (probably) correct as well. It woulden't make much sense for SD to swith to a 4-3.

capone0 02-19-2007 06:06 PM

I doubt they would switch right now. Not with Merriman being the prototypical 3-4 OLB and Jamal Williams being the prototypical nose tackle.

Borden 02-19-2007 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure of Rivera's history but doesn't he run the 4-3 cover 2 in Chicago. Doesn't SD have the personnel to run the 3-4 D.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

[/ QUOTE ]

this has been talked about before i believe in regards to both Dallas/SD. Rivera has exp running 3-4 apparantly.
Personally I'd hire Mike S or Rivera over TC

bernie 02-19-2007 06:18 PM

To all those that liked the firing of Schottenheimer, how do you like it now?

Gotta love that track record of 58-82-1 with one playoff appearance in nine seasons.

This is what you get when you fire a HC after a 14-2 season. And deservedly so.

b