Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   2/4 i make a ridiculous fold (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=320725)

J. Sawyer 02-01-2007 10:31 AM

Re: 2/4 i make a ridiculous fold

[ QUOTE ]
The flop is so dry, he can't have 2 pairs here, so it's basically 33/77/KK or AK/KQ.

Good players generally don't check raise sets on such dry flops, cause you can't disguise your set as some sort of draw and since the flop is K high, you migh fold JJ/QQ to a check-raise...so, basically this is a pretty stupid move by him if he has a set- you only call here w your own set,AA or AK - i wonder what your image is, if your raising range consists of those hands only - i'd fold cause he puts you on a big hand and still does it, if you been raising a lot, i call flop for sure, if continues with the agression, i might not go broke here, but it depends...

In any case if you are playing loose, he might do it w a hand that you crush or even with air, cause he thinks there is a good chance you missed the flop and wants to steal the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

he didn't check-raise.

bdams19 02-01-2007 10:36 AM

im never folding this, but it doesnt seem like ur playing very loose. eitehr way aces felt everytime here at 6max.

straate 02-01-2007 10:36 AM

his AF is 22 and your folding flop? hmph

Morrek 02-01-2007 10:51 AM

Atleast call him ONCE

Hattifnatt 02-01-2007 11:43 AM

Call the raise and bet/fold turn for a little less than 1/2 pot.

Jamougha 02-01-2007 11:56 AM

Given that the board is drawless, if his range here is {set, air} then the fact that you hold AA is basically irrelevant. You may as well have 86o.

Having said that I don't necessarily fold 86o here.

KRANTZ 02-01-2007 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im never folding this, but it doesnt seem like ur playing very loose. eitehr way aces felt everytime here at 6max.

[/ QUOTE ]

no

some of you people who are playing poker these days must be so stupid, do you guys not even think?

mason55 02-01-2007 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no

some of you people who are playing poker these days must be so stupid, do you guys not even think?

[/ QUOTE ]

ssshhhh

TheWorstPlayer 02-01-2007 12:13 PM

i would call the flop and then c/f the turn. you'd be surprised how often you'll see AK/QQ type hands here. They definitely think there is a high chance they are good when they raise, but that range is still wide enough for you to take one off against...

eviljeff 02-01-2007 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Atleast call him ONCE

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure he's going to bet the turn