Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   hate aces (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=320558)

Josh. 02-01-2007 12:42 AM

Re: hate aces

[ QUOTE ]
This hand was against me and I was being coached by RBK

I had AK

[/ QUOTE ]

i wish you hadn't posted that since i was hoping to hear more opinions. but the KQ argument is compelling enough

but since you did, i don't like how you played your hand. i don't like your river shove and i think you bet too much on the flop. interested in hearing rbk or your comments on these

JKratzer 02-01-2007 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I had AK

[/ QUOTE ]

i wish you hadn't posted that since i was hoping to hear more opinions. but the KQ argument is compelling enough

but since you did, i don't like how you played your hand. i don't like your river shove and i think you bet too much on the flop. interested in hearing rbk or your comments on these

[/ QUOTE ]

i like the river shove.

Josh. 02-01-2007 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I had AK

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i like the river shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

for value or to push me off a chop?

BobboFitos 02-01-2007 12:47 AM

umm.. villain played AK well and how it's "supposed" to be played

as for your fold... wow.

BobboFitos 02-01-2007 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I had AK

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i like the river shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

for value or to push me off a chop?

[/ QUOTE ]

value

Josh. 02-01-2007 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

as for your fold... wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

potting the flop is what you're supposed to do?

and what worse hands is a typical player calling with on the river? does AQ ever pay off?

why so condescending when i'm asking honest questions?

Jeff W 02-01-2007 12:51 AM

Shoving AK for value makes no sense. Josh isn't calling worse(as evidenced in this hand). Could be a profitable bluff, I guess, especially if you think his range is more AK heavy than AA-QQ heavy.

BobboFitos 02-01-2007 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

as for your fold... wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

and what worse hands is a typical player calling with on the river? does AQ ever pay off?

[/ QUOTE ]

its been a long day for me

im sorry if i seem condescending, i like you alot, i like your posts alot, etc.

why is a pot effective on the flop? its just a cbet. i am not sure how i would interpret it, but certainly if i had a marginal hand it would make the pot that much more attractive to steal. so it is a nice and easy pot - call shove.

J. Sawyer 02-01-2007 12:55 AM

IMO when you lead this flop Bibbo.. pretty obvious his range doesn't include any draws, you rarely get value from a worse hand, and give him action when he has you beat. I typically check the flop in these spots.

The river shove as a bluff seems silly. I don't know how you can put him on AA and that he will fold it?

JKratzer 02-01-2007 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

as for your fold... wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

your questions are fine. potting the flop maybe isn't standard, but i don't think there's anything wrong with it at all. the problem i think your having is that you underrepresented your hand by calling the 3bet pf. villian is most likely elimaneting AA/KK/QQ from your range (incorrectly, but anyway). on the river he figures to have the best hand since you have shown NO aggression whatsoever and pushes hoping you talk yourself into a call. that's my read, maybe their reasoning was different but i'm sure it wasn't a bluff.