Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Tone and Flaming in SSNL: PLEASE READ (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=314492)

Dan Bitel 01-25-2007 07:55 AM

Re: Tone and Flaming in SSNL: PLEASE READ

DELTA K FOR MOD

<font color="white"> j/k </font>

snakekilla88 01-25-2007 08:04 AM

I cant help but feel fully resposible for this post.

Nielsio 01-25-2007 08:07 AM

Public humiliation ftw.

tufat23 01-25-2007 08:21 AM

if the cheese thread is cancelled, i'm gonna poker stalk you aj untill u go busto.

SpecT 01-25-2007 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if the cheese thread is cancelled, i'm gonna poker stalk you aj untill u go busto.

[/ QUOTE ]

amoeba 01-25-2007 08:23 AM

This forum is much too masturbatory at being able to spout off standard lines.

Dan Bitel 01-25-2007 08:25 AM

also,

I would just like to add a few things:

I think that if we all try to explain our answers more carefully, you'll see a lot less flaming and stuff. I know that I'm just as responsible as others for short answers, but if we all try for longer answers, it will help every1. These flaming wars a lot of the time start as:

Person 1: fold
Person 2: "fold" LOL, YOU'RE A MORON
Person 1: HU for rollz

etc. etc.

Now I know that AJ is also talking a lot about how limon, matt etc have been received. Personally, I think that sunny and matt have been treated fine and that its really only limon that has had abuse directed at him. There are people who have made stupid 1 line remarks, and obv those people are just stupid in doing so. HOWEVER, I also think some of the blame lies at limon's feet. He's suggesting lines that are going very strongly against the grain of SSNL's thoughts and isn't really backing them up with much....except by saying that he has a minraising "strategy" or whatever. Now I'm sure he does and it works well, but by coming in and just showing 1 hand to minraise in and not explaining why, it doesn't really help our game.

If you have a look at the matt/true discussion about low PPs, by the end, both parties were explaining their thoughts completely and we were getting a fantastic discussion....so I certainly hope we can get more of that in the future

Kilillan 01-25-2007 08:33 AM

boo for cancelling cheese thread

and I think a lot of hands posted contain very, very basic errors

If someone plays a hand where they raise 7-3o utg and hit top pair and get lead into, then the obvious answer to his post would be "fold preflop"

It's also lack of people posting appropriate stats/reads/table image. A lot of people don't post reads or stats at all and those who do rarely post their table image. Their table image is just as important as their opponents preflop/flop aggression.

They also tend not to ask specific enough questions to elicit decent responses.

And honestly, why does the forum need to be all nice anyway. It's a poker forum, not a touchy feely emo forum. People post hands to get the general opinion from SSNL. People post their opinion on the hand and what should be done. If people are rude occasionally then oh well.

2Paul2 01-25-2007 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like he needs any more encouragement to cancel it.

Paul

goofyballer 01-25-2007 08:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And honestly, why does the forum need to be all nice anyway. It's a poker forum, not a touchy feely emo forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...er2/emorly.jpg