Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Ex-GF's father diagnosed with cancer. Suggestions? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=304915)

guids 08-27-2007 07:30 PM

Re: Ex-GF\'s father diagnosed with cancer. Suggestions?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
guids - lol. Guys should only provide emotional support for chicks if it increases their chance of getting vag AMIRITE? Right.

Now let's go shotgun some MGD and date rape some college coeds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most of these posts were more focused on the OP's desire to get back together with said ex, who seems to have broken up with him. Their advice w.r.t that is good (don't use this as an opportunity).

[/ QUOTE ]

We are not together, but I want to help any way I can without imposing the topic of "us" on the situation.

people need to learn to read better than.

pauliewalnuts 08-27-2007 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
R.I.P Mr F,

You lived a good and honest life which by the turn out to your memorial affected many many people.

To those on here that suggested I go see him, thanks. My visit was a surprise set up by his wife, I'll always remember the joyful look on his face when he saw me. I barely recognized him with his illness. We sat and talked about golf for two hours. The last thing he said to me was "thanks for coming to see me".

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not ashamed to say this post choked me up a little. You did a good thing.

KotOD 08-27-2007 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
R.I.P Mr F,

You lived a good and honest life which by the turn out to your memorial affected many many people.

To those on here that suggested I go see him, thanks. My visit was a surprise set up by his wife, I'll always remember the joyful look on his face when he saw me. I barely recognized him with his illness. We sat and talked about golf for two hours. The last thing he said to me was "thanks for coming to see me".

[/ QUOTE ]

You've done right by him, and you've done right for yourself. All that we leave behind is contained within our deeds towards others and our influence on them. He obviously influenced you deeply, and you turned out to be a good friend.

qdmcg 08-27-2007 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
guids - lol. Guys should only provide emotional support for chicks if it increases their chance of getting vag AMIRITE? Right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most of these posts were more focused on the OP's desire to get back together with said ex, who seems to have broken up with him. Their advice w.r.t that is good (don't use this as an opportunity).

[/ QUOTE ]

We are not together, but I want to help any way I can without imposing the topic of "us" on the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

leveled or lol wrongaccountaments?

membersclub 08-27-2007 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All that we leave behind is contained within our deeds towards others and our influence on them. He obviously influenced you deeply, and you turned out to be a good friend.

[/ QUOTE ]
Very true.

TheNoodleMan 08-27-2007 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
R.I.P Mr F,

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not ashamed to say this post choked me up a little. You did a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

bawcerelli 08-27-2007 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

seems like wrongaccountaments to me [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

heater 08-28-2007 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

seems like wrongaccountaments to me [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. "We are not together, but I want to help any way I can without imposing the topic of "us" on the situation." was a quote from the OP, obv.

You guys really do need to learn to read.