Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   400nl - LOL fold AK preflop? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=304577)

JKratzer 01-12-2007 05:08 AM

Re: 400nl - LOL fold AK preflop?

my feeling is this is really close, fold to avoid varience and possibly lose out on a very small amount of +EV. if you continue definitely push.

dtan05 01-12-2007 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol plz don't 4bet with a 70/50 to act. you're first to play after the flop, i'd hate to be in that situation.

[/ QUOTE ]
i hope you mean dont 4bet an amount < shove

[/ QUOTE ]
nope.....

GoCubsGo 01-12-2007 05:45 AM

I don't see how shoving is profitable here. I think we should give UTG+1 some credit for his raise. Yeah he does raise 25% of his hands preflop, but 30/25 means he has at least some idea of what's going on at the table, so when he raises an UTG raise, I think he's got something. He's not just trying to catch the 28/22 raising some trash in late position. He knows UTG has something pretty good, and he is still reraising. I'd say his range TT-AA, AK and AQ.

He probably folds everything but AA and KK, maybe QQ and AK. So most of the time that he calls, we are behind, and some of the times we are even with him. If he does call, we're losing a lot of money in the long run.

Assuming UTG+1 does have 99-JJ or AQ and folds, UTG could still have aces or kings, and he isn't calling with anything else.

If we are lucky, and neither UTG or UTG+1 had a monster, then we're sitting pretty against the button, but I think that the two other players hold aces or kings too often for a push to be profitable. Too often we'll be in a three way pot and one of the EP players scoops up button's money along with ours.

I think calling is pretty bad here, but that's probably what I do most of the time, hoping to hit a pair and make some money from the button. If I'm playing good though, I fold this.

mason55 01-12-2007 06:09 AM

GoCubsGo -

That might be the worst analysis i've ever read. No offense....

HedonismBot 01-12-2007 06:14 AM

Close enough to push for image

FireStorm 01-12-2007 08:34 AM

Close either way but I like a fold. Sticky situation. Please don't make a standard 4 bet, if you decide to play, just shove.

Evil_Andy 01-12-2007 09:12 AM

This seems like a very standard push i dont see what all the fuss is about

all_in_lam 01-12-2007 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my feeling is this is really close, fold to avoid varience and possibly lose out on a very small amount of +EV. if you continue definitely push.

[/ QUOTE ]

somewhat agree with this. it might not even be +EV.

if they are this loose there is a good chance they are calling a push with a hand that beats you or a smaller pair (and less likely with AQ- for 100bb).

calling is definately not a horrible option either as it will likely suck them in 3 way and you have ak which dominates a lot of the hands they call with.

if you push you need 3-bettors range to be worse than AK and for them to fold a small pair once in a while.

actually, id probably call, utg raiser has 480 and wouldnt be so great to push as you only get called by better USUALLY.

carrotsnake 01-12-2007 10:50 AM

calling is really bad since you won't get paid off when you hit generally speaking and you definately will have to pay off if you hit and are still behind, which is very possible in a 3 way reraised pot.

ukwildcat09 01-12-2007 11:31 AM

Personally, I muck. Could be a stupid play but I only have my small blind invested and have no problem escaping the hand with that very minor loss. If you play the hand you are obviously looking for a dream flop like A-4-8.