Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   2007 Pac 10 mens basketball thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=304487)

ChromePony 01-15-2007 02:33 AM

Re: 2007 Pac 10 mens basketball thread

Go Ducks!!!! Huuuge win, so happy right now!

JaredL 01-15-2007 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...The game Sunday should be huge...

...Obviously the natural top 2 are UCLA and Arizona, but this year I could see Oregon and maybe even the guys in Pullman winning.

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect, Sunday is a 'kinda' big game. The odds of the ducks shocking UA in Tucson are long. Oregon has a very nice team this year, and I think the game in Eugene will be a very big game for these two schools...as a sweep has been expected most if not all of the last 15 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

So are we still expecting a sweep?

Tiburon 01-15-2007 04:19 AM

Watch out for Cal's Ryan Anderson this year. He's just a freshman and is currently third in scroing (#1 frosh). He's 6'10 and shoots better than most guards. Combine that with his nice touch around the basket and he's gonna continue being a dominate force in the Pac10.

trying2learn 01-15-2007 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

...Obviously the natural top 2 are UCLA and Arizona, but this year I could see Oregon and maybe even the guys in Pullman winning.

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect, Sunday is a 'kinda' big game. The odds of the ducks shocking UA in Tucson are long. Oregon has a very nice team this year, and I think the game in Eugene will be a very big game for these two schools...as a sweep has been expected most if not all of the last 15 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here to officially eat crow. I have to admit, all second half I kept telling my wife - eventually they'll miss a couple of these threes they're jacking...but they didn't. Then I said, well eventually we'll out run them if they keep trying to push it on us...but we didn't.

I guess I'm still myopic enough to think we're the better team...but Oregon is even more for real then I thought they were, and the Pac 10 is proving to just be outright brutal this year. I think we could get 6 teams into the dance possibly...and STILL be leaving out a qualified team. (Stanford being the longshot at 7).

Great game ducks...my buddy is an Oregon alumn and he's having a field day with me today.

MoreWineII 01-15-2007 01:24 PM

That was an awesome game to watch. Man the Pac-10 is fun this year.

JaredL 01-15-2007 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here to officially eat crow. I have to admit, all second half I kept telling my wife - eventually they'll miss a couple of these threes they're jacking...but they didn't. Then I said, well eventually we'll out run them if they keep trying to push it on us...but we didn't.

I guess I'm still myopic enough to think we're the better team...but Oregon is even more for real then I thought they were, and the Pac 10 is proving to just be outright brutal this year. I think we could get 6 teams into the dance possibly...and STILL be leaving out a qualified team. (Stanford being the longshot at 7).

Great game ducks...my buddy is an Oregon alumn and he's having a field day with me today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Naturally I'm as biased as you are here. You're basically not going to outrun Oregon. They are ridiculously fast, reasonably deep, and the guys don't seem to ever get tired (they keep talking ad nauseum about Ernie's training regimen this off season where they went to the track and ran and ran and ran). Also, if Oregon is hitting threes, it's going to be very tough for basically any team to beat us. Naturally, when we're running cold from out there any team can.

I think in the next game you guys are going to be better off slowing it down a bit and working the ball inside. Oregon's biggest weakness is probably size on defense.

pikachu 01-16-2007 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Three teams in the top 11 this week. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

trying2learn 01-16-2007 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Three teams in the top 11 this week. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If the season ended today - UCLA, USC, Oregon, WSU, Wasington, Stanford and Arizona should all be in the dance. Seven freaking teams sounds crazy...but I think they're each easily in the top 65 in the country. I know that's not how selection works...but even if you went top 50, I think it's pretty close. I feel sorry for the other three schools...when is there a break?!

dawade 01-17-2007 05:04 AM

I don't usually start following college hoops with much passion until conference play starts (ie: football season ends), but the PAC-10 is easily the best conference this year in college basketball, IMO.

UCLA,
'Zona,
Oregon
U-Dub,
Wazzu,
USC playing better,
Stanford.

The PAC-10 conference tourney should be a dandy.

blackjack777 01-17-2007 06:00 AM

They will beat up on each other a ton once league play really gets going, but I think we could see five teams in the dance from teh Pac-10