Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Nice/Romantic Restaurants in Seattle? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=302334)

El Diablo 01-09-2007 08:43 PM

Re: Nice/Romantic Restaurants in Seattle?

All,

While we're at it, how about some suggestions in the ~$100 for two range. Thanks!

HDPM 01-09-2007 09:15 PM

When/if we get there again I will be too lazy to search thearchives and will ask for these recs again. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Before we went there we got some recs from 2+2 and they were solid. I had a trip report drafted but somehow it was lost. Yeah, I know, people are skeptical. Off the top of my head I remember liking Wild Ginger a lot. Cafe bechalu (sp) had awesome baked stuff for breakfast. Bad Alberts was a very good hamburger and beer place. At the time I told my wife we could have had like 12 dinners of burgers and PBR for the meal at the Metropolitan grill, and despite the good steak I would rather have a bunch of burgers and PBR at Bad Alberts. Coffee was good everywhere and no, we didn't have any from a chain until the airport out of town.

Freakin 01-09-2007 09:23 PM

Cafe juanita gets my vote.

canlis is overpriced.

everything I've heard about mistral should make it your top pick for any meal

I've found steaks at the met to be overpriced and inconsistent. I prefer daniels on lake union.

I also like cascadia and the waterfront.

KJS 01-09-2007 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

While we're at it, how about some suggestions in the ~$100 for two range. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

You coming up here?

KJS

goofball 01-09-2007 09:56 PM

Daniels Broiler on lake union
Serafina on eastlake

Freakin 01-09-2007 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Daniels Broiler on lake union
Serafina on eastlake

[/ QUOTE ]

how's serafina dinner? I've only had bruch there and it was so-so

boptheflop 01-09-2007 10:35 PM

The Pink Door. Unique, delicious food, romantic, near Pike Place.

Dids 01-10-2007 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

[/ QUOTE ]

With drinks or without.

I'd go ballerer and do Union or Mistral if I were you, but that's just mostly because I'm dying to go there.

The Tom Douglas places aren't bad and within the original price range. I prefer Dalia Lounge myself.

Steel Aces 01-10-2007 02:10 AM

I don't think anyone has mentioned Wild Ginger yet. Great atmosphere, great food. Family style, so you can share your food. A mix of Asian foods, have to try the duck with plum sauce (mmmmm!) and 7 layer beef. Ahi Tuna is good too.

edfurlong 01-10-2007 02:16 AM

I'm a bit biased, but if you both love food go to Lark. Its not romantic, but its a pretty great atmosphere.