Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Poker Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Who loves HORSE? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=302201)

HOWMANY 01-09-2007 09:12 PM

Re: Who loves HORSE?

I loved it when they first had it on Stars and I was running good. I liked it a lot less when reality kicked in and I realized I was god awful in Stud and below average in Omaha 8. I then realized it would make a lot more sense to just play the games I'm good at instead of punishing myself by cutting my dollar making rate by mixing in my bad games.

Wubbie075 01-10-2007 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PS: The new standard is TORSE. Hold'em is so boring.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me, you want to talk them into CORSET.

[/ QUOTE ]

ooohhhhhh... man I would LOVE this game...

MarkGritter 01-10-2007 06:04 PM

I think that Stud Hi is still my weakest game, but I actually feel more like a donkey playing Omaha/8. (But it is also one of the more profitable rounds for me in the long run.)

Siegmund 01-10-2007 09:38 PM

Love HE, stud, and razz. Hate both split games, and am slightly more clueless in Omaha than in Stud 8.

But frankly, as long as I only like 3 of the 5 games -- I will still vote for playing one of those three all night long rather than rotating. So, don't mind HORSE for a little variety, but I don't "love HORSE" and won't be caught dead suggesting it to a home game group.

DOMIT 01-11-2007 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

C has too much gamble in it for a rotation game IMHO, I prefer to play it Manderine style where I can loose thousands playing $5/point in 20 mins but as a solo game.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

C in this case is crazy pineapple.

[/ QUOTE ]

We almost did that last night, new mix game running 3x/week at Wynn. But the others wanted to keep Hold'em because it doesn't scare dead money off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Felicia and I used to try to get this game going with, shall we say, "mixed" results (-grin-)... though it was mostly a no-go. Glad to see that you seem to have something regular now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] When is it usually going? (We're going to be out-of-town soon, so we may not make it for a while, but usually when we go to vegas it's a spur of the moment kind of thing anyway, so might as well know just in case [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

~Glenn

Edit: not to completely hijack the thread: love HORSE.

Dealt on one of the card player cruises a few weeks back and Felicia and I managed to get HORSE going almost every night (think only 1 night we couldn't [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

SGspecial 01-11-2007 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Dealt on one of the card player cruises a few weeks back and Felicia and I managed to get HORSE going almost every night (think only 1 night we couldn't [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds like a blast, how many people were on the cruise? Would you say you've seen a definite upswing in HORSE players in the past couple years?

*TT* 01-11-2007 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

C has too much gamble in it for a rotation game IMHO, I prefer to play it Manderine style where I can loose thousands playing $5/point in 20 mins but as a solo game.

[/ QUOTE ]

C in this case is crazy pineapple.

[/ QUOTE ]

We almost did that last night, new mix game running 3x/week at Wynn. But the others wanted to keep Hold'em because it doesn't scare dead money off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Felicia and I used to try to get this game going with, shall we say, "mixed" results (-grin-)... though it was mostly a no-go. Glad to see that you seem to have something regular now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] When is it usually going? (We're going to be out-of-town soon, so we may not make it for a while, but usually when we go to vegas it's a spur of the moment kind of thing anyway, so might as well know just in case [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

~Glenn

Edit: not to completely hijack the thread: love HORSE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every night this week so far, probably not tonight but it will run on Friday I expect, please come by - the game needs two more donators [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. On a related note please read my thread in B&M about card room management, its directly related.