Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Some Pictures Took that I Like- Enjoy!! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=294227)

She 12-30-2006 06:24 PM

Re: Books about food

Yeah, I think I just found a new source for background images. Really like these.

PS.. My mom does alot of oil paint landscapes, would you mind if I sent this to her to use as inspiration?

El Diablo 12-30-2006 07:10 PM

StevieG,

"Why are you not liking Steingartenīs "The Man Who Ate Everything"? The writing is good and the guy is a complete freak."

Wow, perhaps 'cause the book sucks hard and is just horribly written.

Ruhlman, Bourdain, and Reichl's books are all fifty times better than Steingarten's.

That book was the worst food book I've read in years.

If you haven't read it, get The Soul of a Chef by Ruhlman. It's probably my favorite in that genre.

I'm not a huge Bill Buford fan, but I'm looking forward to reading Heat. Sounds pretty fun.

Hey_Porter 12-30-2006 07:57 PM

Re: Some Pictures Took that I Like- Enjoy!!

That's crazy, my family's cabin is in one of your flikr photos. I haven't been up there for a while, and the train bridge is TOTALLY new from when I've been up there.

Dids 12-31-2006 03:10 AM

I'm working on "The Reach of the Chef" (I'm kinda in the middle of like 4 books). It's solid so far. Kinda rehashes a bit of "Making" but it's fun.

I have Heat, and I'll be gettin Nasty Bits at some point.

tuq 12-31-2006 03:18 AM

Dids,

Despite our differences, I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] your picture threads. They never disappoint.

Also, I see your loc: has changed quite a bit over the last few months. Assuming it's accurate that's a pretty kick-ass accomplishment of which you should be especially proud (particularly during the holidays).

StevieG 12-31-2006 09:39 AM

Other Books

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not a huge Bill Buford fan, but I'm looking forward to reading Heat. Sounds pretty fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

El D,

"Among the Thugs" was visceral and revealing, especially for the time it was published.

StevieG 12-31-2006 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, perhaps 'cause the book sucks hard and is just horribly written.

[/ QUOTE ]

Steingarten often comes off as a pompous ass, but I do appreciate his obsessiveness when it comes to some of his food essays.

Which Ruth Reichl book to read first?

Lottery Larry 12-31-2006 10:11 AM

The shed picture appealed to me.

Checked the link. Since your camera has magical powers, can you tell me what I'LL be getting for Christmas next year? And who will show up at my house?

Tron 12-31-2006 03:23 PM

Didmonster,

How much post processing did you do on these pictures?

Rushmore 12-31-2006 03:34 PM

Very nice stuff, Dids.

I enjoyed most all of it, but was (dare I say) riveted with the photos of your food.

Are you available for catering?