Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Bad commercials enfuriate me. wtf. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=282423)

Shajen 12-13-2006 04:37 PM

Re: Bad commercials enfuriate me. wtf.

the worst one out right now is the dude signing the 56 million dollar contract refusing to take the deal because they didn't throw in a subscription to ESPN the mag.

COME THE [censored] ON. Then they talk about adding some POS mp3 player to it likes its the end all be all of everything.

When I am watching live tv, I pause that goddamned commercial. This is why TIVO will eventually rule the universe.

Aloysius 12-13-2006 04:37 PM

People still watch commercials on TV [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]?

-Al

Dominic 12-13-2006 04:38 PM

"I'm lovin' it" infuriates me. Actually, any McDonalds commercial ever infuriates me.

JMP300z 12-13-2006 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bad threads enfuriate me. wtf.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so petition me for a star or something. it seems everyone else is enjoying the discussion.

-JP

Runkmud 12-13-2006 04:42 PM

Here's what infuriates me.

The current new tactic of networks, in retaliation to fast forwarding Tivo/DVR users, is to show a advertisement for the show that is currently playing during a commercial break, so you believe that the show is back on, when in fact there are more ads to come. Jesus, that's a run on sentence worthy of Jerry Springer's final thoughts.

solids 12-13-2006 04:42 PM

i work at an ad agency in nyc. it's amazing how many [censored] commercials there are. even more amazing is the fact that these commercials were actually green-lighted by their agencies.

JMP300z 12-13-2006 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread is worthless without particular examples.

But yeah, they often piss me off too. Supposedly that's even the point with some of them -- makes 'em more memorable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sorry I know this would add to the discussion but I wasnt even watching TV when I started to get mad and I was so blinded by my rage that I couldnt even come up with a stinkin commercial. Id like to believe that thats a testament to HOW bad they are, I cant even remember them.

-JP

JMP300z 12-13-2006 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bad spelling infuriates me. wtf.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. It didnt look right and I should know better but I was in hulk mode. It bothers me too but not anywhere near the degree of bad commercials.

-JP

ps. see how easy it is to blame everything on rage?

JMP300z 12-13-2006 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Tiki Barber Dish TV commercial is horrendous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly this makes me smile. Mainly because I have a goofy friend who looks and talks like Tiki barber...he looks so much like him we call him Ronde'. However his real name is nick.

punkass 12-13-2006 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bad threads enfuriate me. wtf.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so petition me for a star or something. it seems everyone else is enjoying the discussion.

-JP

[/ QUOTE ]

Others have noted it, and I apologize that I went for the quick one-liner quote than fully explain, but you didn't give any examples that started off your rant. That makes it a bad start. It's picking up since examples are being given.

My contribution: I hate Apple's "PC vs Mac" commercials. I do like Geico's "Cavemen" commercials.