Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Ask me about being Valedictorian (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=279789)

emon87 12-10-2006 01:35 PM

Re: Ask me about being Valedictorian

[ QUOTE ]
How is a valedictorian elected rather than chosen simply based on highest GPA?

[/ QUOTE ]

multiple ppl w same gpa

paperjam 12-10-2006 01:36 PM

What school do you go to? I need to know to determine whether or not I am impressed.

Hornacek 12-10-2006 01:52 PM

Why am I still smarter than you then?

BigSoonerFan 12-10-2006 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what do you do with an English major?

[/ QUOTE ]

"You want fries with that?"

theben 12-10-2006 02:16 PM

Are you proud of getting a mediocre GPA in a major that requires little intelligence and has no practical value in the real world?

I know several engineers with 3.9X GPAs. Maintaining a 3.9+ in a tough major such as engineering is quite an impressive feat. Bragging about your grades in english is analgous to boasting about winning a race in the special olympics.

you picked the wrong place to post a reprehensible brag thread.

Anacardo 12-10-2006 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you proud of getting a mediocre GPA in a major that requires little intelligence and has no practical value in the real world?

I know several engineers with 3.9X GPAs. Maintaining a 3.9+ in a tough major such as engineering is quite an impressive feat. Bragging about your grades in english is analgous to boasting about winning a race in the special olympics.

you picked the wrong place to post a reprehensible brag thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was planning to be a bit of an [censored] in this thread, but looks like I've long since been beaten to it. And how. You're still like one of the top five worst posters ever, ben.

disjunction 12-10-2006 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Way too harsh. Most of these engineers would be not be near the top of their class if they had majored in English or literature of any type. And I'm assuming native speakers.

Wynton 12-10-2006 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Way too harsh. Most of these engineers would be not be near the top of their class if they had majored in English or literature of any type. And I'm assuming native speakers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I thought it was too harsh on those who participate in the special olympics.

disjunction 12-10-2006 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I thought it was too harsh on those who participate in the special olympics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wynton,

Consider the average mathematical ability on twoplustwo. Now consider the quality of the average post.

--disj

gamblore99 12-10-2006 03:13 PM

This would get a much better response if posted in BBV. Still, I'm happy for you. Congrats man.